"Good work experience, terrible pay, high stress."

2.0
    Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Portland, OR

I worked at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoyed the laid back environment with supportive coworkers along with generous schedule flexibility. The work with the families was rewarding and it was good work experience. The CEO is outstanding!

Cons

There is little to no room for career advancement. There are erratic budget and program cuts- I never felt my job was secure. Positions were cut to save money at the expense of overworking remaining staff. Some locations are in unsafe neighborhoods. The pay is insulting- seriously, most starting pay here is what HUD would classify as low income or very close to it, but the positions require bachelors or masters degrees and the raises are nonexistent. The turn over is incredibly high because people simply cannot afford to stay. The health insurance is alright but be warned, though they're a family service agency they don't offer any maternity leave which is beyond hypocritical to their mission. Constant stress at work over my job being cut and constant stress at home over low income level pay made this a very unpleasant place to work.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Working for Morrison Child and Family Services"

5.0
    Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Portland, OR

I have been working at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time

Pros

I work with good people for a good cause. The youth we serve are generally grateful for the services they receive while in our care. I

Cons

We are at the mercy of ORR regulations, so we don't function like a normal high school. It takes some getting used to.

2. COVID-19

"Good to start out, and generally supportive"

4.0
    Current Employee - Milieu Counselor in Portland, OR

I have been working at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive work environment Present and active superiors Very engaging Emphasizes self care

Cons

Adequate pay only came after COVID Long hours and frequent switching of set schedules Lack of upward mobility within the specific program

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Morrison Child and Family Services.