"Wonderful Organization to Work For!"

5.0
    Former Employee - Youth Care Worker/Milieu Supervisor in Portland, OR

I worked at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked at Morrison for nearly 6 years and held a range of positions and I must say all my time there was extremely enjoyable. I thought all my supervisors listened and really sought to create a quality work environment. I also felt as though upper management really cared about the mission, which was helping youth within the ORR programs. Fellow coworkers were also a pleasure to work with. Lastly, the benefits, such as; vacation, sick leave, medical, and dental are competitive within the non-profit sector.

Cons

Though my overall experience with co-workers/teammates was a positive one, I must say that as a Youth Care Worker, co-workers can be difficult. It is the recurring issue of a large team, where a small percentage of that team ends up doing most of the work. Then, it is those who don't work as hard did the most complaining. Ultimately, those employees tend to leave. Again, this is seen most often, almost solely, at the Youth Care Worker level, where a small but vocal contingent of unhappy employees who aren't motivated to work hard can really have a draining effect. If a person can stick that out, do their work, and ensure all policies and procedures are being followed, then you will be fine.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Working for Morrison Child and Family Services"

5.0
    Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Portland, OR

I have been working at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time

Pros

I work with good people for a good cause. The youth we serve are generally grateful for the services they receive while in our care. I

Cons

We are at the mercy of ORR regulations, so we don't function like a normal high school. It takes some getting used to.

2. COVID-19

"Good to start out, and generally supportive"

4.0
    Current Employee - Milieu Counselor in Portland, OR

I have been working at Morrison Child and Family Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive work environment Present and active superiors Very engaging Emphasizes self care

Cons

Adequate pay only came after COVID Long hours and frequent switching of set schedules Lack of upward mobility within the specific program

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Morrison Child and Family Services.