Moneris - Avoid if possible - long standing history of toxic work environment and favourtism | Glassdoor.ca

"Avoid if possible - long standing history of toxic work environment and favourtism"

Former Employee - Training in Toronto, ON

I worked at Moneris full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

While employed, I was put on meaningful projects where I was able to identify how my work contributed to the overall success of the company. I started my professional career at Moneris being in the Call Centre and working my way up.

Cons

Still a toxic workplace even after the 12+ years having been there; not safe to speak up about bad managers/difficult situations between employees, still a culture of favourtism and SLT/execs "bending the rules" when it comes to resources. While networking and making connections is a foundational work skill, too often the culture at Moneris is one of favoring individuals based on likability even though they may... lack the skills of another qualified candidate.

Advice to Management

Create an unbiased diversity & inclusion committee to really tackle the issues at hand; take a serious look at EOS scores and action appropriately as opposed to making the annual survey just something to check off; employee voice is so crucial to the longevity of a successful company - this would help curtail the revolving door of attrition

Moneris2019-06-12
  1. "Amazing people great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Moneris full-time for more than a year

Pros

Moneris provides a great collaborative working Environment while giving ample opportunities to perform and shine. I have a great Boss who also interviewed me , he understands his team well and is a great support.

Cons

Just a bit of traditional approach sometimes like work in office rather than work from home but its not something very difficult.If your Manager understands your requirement , there are no issues.

Moneris2019-07-03
  2. "Great people, changing industry."

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Moneris full-time

Pros

There are some real quality people and business processes at Moneris. It's like a well-oiled machine when it comes to execution.

Cons

The disruptive cloud of integrated tech and apps has made its way over the payments industry. It was bound to happen sooner or later so big companies like Moneris, GP, CP, FD, etc. need to get quicker on their feet.

Advice to Management

Place greater focus on end user convenience and less on price. So many small business owners wear multiple hats so they really value efficiency and convenience, even if it costs more.

Moneris2019-10-17

Discover more reviews about Moneris.