Moneris - Avoid if possible - long standing history of toxic work environment and favourtism | Glassdoor.ca

"Avoid if possible - long standing history of toxic work environment and favourtism"

Former Employee - Training in Toronto, ON

I worked at Moneris full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

While employed, I was put on meaningful projects where I was able to identify how my work contributed to the overall success of the company. I started my professional career at Moneris being in the Call Centre and working my way up.

Cons

Still a toxic workplace even after the 12+ years having been there; not safe to speak up about bad managers/difficult situations between employees, still a culture of favourtism and SLT/execs "bending the rules" when it comes to resources. While networking and making connections is a foundational work skill, too often the culture at Moneris is one of favoring individuals based on likability even though they may lack...

Advice to Management

Create an unbiased diversity & inclusion committee to really tackle the issues at hand; take a serious look at EOS scores and action appropriately as opposed to making the annual survey just something to check off; employee voice is so crucial to the longevity of a successful company - this would help curtail the revolving door of attrition

Moneris2019-06-12
  1. "Amazing people great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Moneris full-time for more than a year

Pros

Moneris provides a great collaborative working Environment while giving ample opportunities to perform and shine. I have a great Boss who also interviewed me , he understands his team well and is a great support.

Cons

Just a bit of traditional approach sometimes like work in office rather than work from home but its not something very difficult.If your Manager understands your requirement , there are no issues.

Moneris2019-07-03

"accountant"

Current Employee - Accountant in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Moneris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good culture, everyone is pretty nice

Cons

hard to move up the ranks

Moneris2019-07-10

Discover more reviews about Moneris.