Mojio - Epic Growth and Opportunity but it is how well the employees are treated that is keeping me here! | Glassdoor.ca

"Epic Growth and Opportunity but it is how well the employees are treated that is keeping me here!"

I have been working at Mojio full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can do the research on our unprecedented growth with T-Mobile and several other carriers in Canada and Eastern Europe, how well funded we are and our top notch exec team! Below is what I have to say: Reason I am staying at Mojio: 1) Mojio is generous with their stock options 2) 4 weeks vacation where a portion of unused vacation is paid out at end of year 3) 10% bonus (you gotta earn it, but it is there... for the taking) 4) This year we had a paid Christmas shutdown 5) More holidays than most companies (never had Presidents Day or MLK Day off until now) 6) Reimbursed of fitness/health oriented items like gym memberships, personal training, etc and of course tuition reimbursement for advanced learning 7) All sorts of office perks (great coffee, catered food, company events, etc.) 8) Excellent benefits and salary Due to our huge growth of course we have to work hard and sometimes put in long hours but the above listed items shows Mojio is willing to compensate for hard work and more importantly provide opportunities for time off or personal growth. One final note, I had a family emergency to deal with and the outpouring of support from the team including a personal call from the CEO where he stated anything I needed to help would be provided, has solidified that I am in the right place!

Cons

Of course there is no perfect place but there are no major Cons. One item of concern is that the VP's have a lot of direct reports. Ultimately, there needs to be a little more middle management HOWEVER, middle management heavy organizations are not as productive and profitable and Mojio is more focussed on hiring engineers to support our rapid growth.

Advice to Management

Within reason, promote a few people to positions to take some of the burden off the VPs per above comments in Cons section.

Mojio2018-03-22

Other Employee Reviews

"Best employer of my career so far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mojio full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a company with momentum. I’ve never worked in a place with such clear goals that everyone understands and works towards. Sure, the goals are big and change from quarter to quarter, but that’s what keeps things interesting. The leadership team is decisive and motivated, and as an employee (and optionholder) that is exactly what I want to see. There is a culture here of individual responsibility. That’s... not fluff; it really does feel like everyone has a real interest in moving the company forward rather than just being along for the ride. This one thing has a very big positive impact on the day-to-day work atmosphere. You would have to search very hard to find a Vancouver company that matches the perks that Mojio provides. Lunches, company outings, good vacation policy and big referral bonuses are some of them. The generous per-person budget for professional education is another. There is flexibility with work location and hours. All in all, I feel well taken care of. Career growth is super important to me, and I feel there are solid opportunities at Mojio. I know it’ll be up to me to carve out my own path and step up, but that’s what startup life is all about — there’s no defined ladder. In my time here (less than a year) I’ve seen a number of people take on new leadership positions, which is a great signal that Mojio promotes from within.

Cons

This is not a con, but it is something to keep in mind: Mojio is a startup. Like any startup, the pace is fast and priorities change often. Anyone joining Mojio should look forward to some uncertainty, because along with that goes the excitement of building something cool. The current Vancouver office (Howe Street) is a bit too small for the number of people working there, but that will change in July 2019 when... we move to our new office.

Mojio2019-06-03
  2. "Great Company"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Mojio

Pros

Welcoming workplace, conveniently located. Easy going friendly managers

Cons

None that comes to mind

Mojio2018-02-26

Discover more reviews about Mojio.