"Disfunctional international work"

1.0

I worked at Miyamoto International full-time

Pros

Flexible, some exciting projects, challenging roles

Cons

The entire international effort established at Miyamoto has one purpose: photo ops for the CEO for promo and ego-boosting material. There were zero opportunities for project ownership. You will never be able to identify, lead, or complete a project of your own. I was actually told I would never be able to seek, find, initiate, or bring to completion my own projects. "The CEO will always be the one to give the final presentation and have sit downs with stakeholders." It was not sustainable economically for the company, the international effort, or for the stakeholders. They work only on projects that USAID tells them to do and are willing to fund. There was no expansion or seeking of alternative sources possible. Otherwise, the entire international effort was chaotic, disorganized, and lacked vision and follow through. You'll be putting out 5 different fires every day. It cuts into longer term strategizing and project ownership. The CEO thinks he's saving the world, but he lacks a basic appreciation of different cultures, different building methods, and finesse -- needed in relief work. No humility.

Other Employee Reviews

"Small big guys--company with a soul"

5.0

I have been working at Miyamoto International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great international exposure, multiple learning opportunities, flexibility of schedule and general understanding about the need for flexibility, collaborative work environment, and growth oriented

Cons

Growth oriented with associated growing pains, changes--good and bad, not a place for rigid, perfectionist, and task oriented people, young--but not immature staff

Continue reading
  2. "Mediocre Engineering Company"

2.0
    Current Employee - Project Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Miyamoto International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work-life balance for me working here has been rather well, but as many companies it can go through ups and downs. Sometimes things get really busy.

Cons

The company is very cheap and doesn't do a great job of boosting company morale. Salary is on the lower side. Company hasn't focused on development and growth of younger engineers.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Miyamoto International.