Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Could have been a lot better.

Jun 7, 2021 - Bakery Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to pick up. The work was easy enough, and most of it is explained before you even reach the bakery. Decent pay.

Cons

I have never disliked a job more. My availability was late-morning to the evening, and I was scheduled for the closing shift every day. If you have a hard time working on your feet for long hours or have an issue with working very quickly, this job is very hard. If you have any issues with hearing (or understanding spoken word), interacting with customers is very hard. The location where I worked was very understaffed. I was often left closing alone, and could not finish every task before leaving on many nights. I developed tendinitis during my time working here because of the many repetitive motions, and I often could not wear the braces I needed during work. On the Meijer hiring site, it was not explained that none of the product is made fresh in-store, and instead is pre-made, frozen, and only baked in-store. While I understand that the store does not have time to make everything, this was very disappointing to learn, and I was not the only one who had assumed that we were baking from scratch. While I would have liked to stay, this job was hard for me and was harmful to my mental health and I did not stay for long.

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place

Jul 26, 2021 - Food Clerk in Fort Wayne, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

You receive great paid time off

Cons

Working weekends and on holidays

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Unprofessional and unwelcoming

Aug 1, 2021 - Team Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good health insurance for a decent price. You get paid time and a half if you work on a holiday. You also get paid weekly and if you sign up with their credit union you get paid on Wednesday's.

Cons

Does not pay well enough. Very disorganized and unprofessional. The company cannot meet their own standards. Even though management is not union they act as so which causes huge issues. The company seems to lack holding leadership accountable and because of that they are having a hard time retaining newer manager's.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Meijer.