Employee Review

Former Employee

Intern Review

Sep 23, 2020 - Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, great staff, bittersweet when left

Cons

Lots of projects for being an intern

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Work Life

May 28, 2021 - Sales Associate in Grafton, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people and good wages.

Cons

Heavy workload during most shifts.

Continue reading
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Could have been a lot better.

Jun 7, 2021 - Bakery Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to pick up. The work was easy enough, and most of it is explained before you even reach the bakery. Decent pay.

Cons

I have never disliked a job more. My availability was late-morning to the evening, and I was scheduled for the closing shift every day. If you have a hard time working on your feet for long hours or have an issue with working very quickly, this job is very hard. If you have any issues with hearing (or understanding spoken word), interacting with customers is very hard. The location where I worked was very understaffed. I was often left closing alone, and could not finish every task before leaving on many nights. I developed tendinitis during my time working here because of the many repetitive motions, and I often could not wear the braces I needed during work. On the Meijer hiring site, it was not explained that none of the product is made fresh in-store, and instead is pre-made, frozen, and only baked in-store. While I understand that the store does not have time to make everything, this was very disappointing to learn, and I was not the only one who had assumed that we were baking from scratch. While I would have liked to stay, this job was hard for me and was harmful to my mental health and I did not stay for long.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Meijer.