Medtronic - Toxic environment | Glassdoor.ca

"Toxic environment"

Former Employee - Operator in Pointe-Claire, QC

I worked at Medtronic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good benefits but they keep getting smaller and smaller every year.

Cons

Long hours, mandatory overtime extremely pushy with the overtime. Only 1 break of 15 min and a unpaid 30 min lunchbreak in the entire day. You need to leave at the same time as everyone and be back a bit before your break is over so you dont even get truly get the entirety of your one break a day. Lots of underqualified employes in management and very disorganized company.

Medtronic2019-06-07
  1. "Deep brain stim, pain management"

Former Employee - Neuromodulation Specialist

I worked at Medtronic full-time

Pros

I know the technology very well, and I love helping people

Cons

Not available in all areas of Canada

Medtronic2019-06-06
    • "Great company - a company you can build your career and perhaps retire from"

Former Employee - Business Operations Manager

I worked at Medtronic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Multiple opportunities to grow - across teams and geographies Valued as an employee Ethical and compliant Self / personal development opportunities

Cons

Complex structure Difficult to get job done at time, specifically when dealing with teams across geographies

Advice to Management

Vision and plans to be percolated down to the lowest level People and teams not working in sales contribute immensely to company's growth - they deserve to be appreciated and rewarded as well. Should concentrate not only on 'Sales' but also on 'other Achievers' - people who are not in the frontline need to be valued.

Medtronic2019-04-14

Discover more reviews about Medtronic.