McMillan - What happened to McMillan? | Glassdoor.ca

"What happened to McMillan?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at McMillan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This used to be an amazing place to work. The culture was phenomenal. Moral was always high. Work was a bit dull, but still thriving. Work/life balance was decent. Salaries and profit sharing was decent.

Cons

Things started going down hill really fast after the new CEO was announced. Empty promises. Failed company ambitions. A major shift in culture. Now, moral is at an all-time low. Clients don’t see us as trusted advisors and work/projects are dwindling. Layoffs are frequent and significant. And the CEO doesn’t even know my name, or my title for that matter.

Advice to Management

What happened to you guys!? Seriously. Check your egos.

McMillan2019-04-15

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Positive workplace with a growing performance culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at McMillan full-time for less than a year

Pros

No egos Competitive salary and benefits Friendly and supportive working environment Not hierarchical Focused on positive growth and performance Respectful Fun Locally owned and operated No micro-management styles

Cons

Opportunity to improve and formalize some processes for how teams can/should work together. At times teams people can become silo'd and lack clarity roles and expectations for projects. Opportunity to become firmer with regards to performance management to help demonstrate clear and defined expectations.

McMillan2019-01-09

"Identity crisis?"

I have been working at McMillan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Talented people, accessible execs, wide range of experts from who you can learn from, great office spaces and openness to new ideas, fun no-drama colleagues, events outside of work.

Cons

We position ourselves as a brand experience agency, but we often accept work/projects that are disconnected from our strengths. It takes a lot of time to even know where we are going in terms of projects or processes. People are strong-willed, committed to great work but disorganized to make it happen. Nobody really knows who owns what, roles are unclear so too much time is taken before we do what we do best.

Advice to Management

Clarify roles. Simplify processes. Reduce the number of communication channels with clients but make them better. Roadtest all this more quickly and communicate results more often, even informally. Don't take months cooking something up before even communicating or testing it with us, in the loop. All the right people are here, all the right elements are in-house but a good team without roles will somewhat always... suffer from an identity crisis.

McMillan2019-05-15

Discover more reviews about McMillan.