McMillan - A great place to work with lots of creative people! | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "A great place to work with lots of creative people!"

I have been working at McMillan full-time

Pros

Humble, honest people, Executive team is always open to suggestions from employees, Great, fun culture, Well lit office space in the market, Flexible hours, Personal appointment time off, birthday off volunteer day off, Ability to work from home (sometimes/with good reason), The Albert!

Cons

Benefits can be improved (e.g. no RRSP, no maternity leave benefit, no dietician, etc.) Vacation days are below expected

McMillan2019-01-24

McMillan Response

May 1, 2019CEO

Thanks for your positive comments. There’s definitely a good work/life balance here at McMillan, which is not always the case in the agency world. We’ll look at upping our benefits as noted, appreciate your input! Best, Pierre Paul

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Onwards and upwards!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at McMillan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Constant personal and professional growth, new challenges every day, and upward momentum. Very talented and passionate coworkers and supportive, transparent leadership. New CEO showing excellent business acumen in navigating the ups and downs of our highly volatile industry with a great sense of integrity and foresight.

Cons

Because the nature of our industry is very fast-paced, sometimes it gets very overwhelming and requires some serious time management and organizational skills to maintain a healthy work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Possibly leverage and use the skills of middle management more often to sharpen business skills and create more fluidity and autonomy throughout the organizational hierarchy. Hire more talents from out of town who have more competitive industry experience and are hungry to compete with global talents. We need more people with a certain level of maturity and perspective that comes with “big cities” background and... experience.

McMillan2019-04-17

McMillan Response

May 1, 2019CEO

Thanks for your input. I genuinely appreciate your advice about leveraging the skills of our management team. We have a talented cast across the board with the potential to grow at all levels. I also believe that we’ll grow with the right mix of local and international talent. ...

"Identity crisis?"

I have been working at McMillan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Talented people, accessible execs, wide range of experts from who you can learn from, great office spaces and openness to new ideas, fun no-drama colleagues, events outside of work.

Cons

We position ourselves as a brand experience agency, but we often accept work/projects that are disconnected from our strengths. It takes a lot of time to even know where we are going in terms of projects or processes. People are strong-willed, committed to great work but disorganized to make it happen. Nobody really knows who owns what, roles are unclear so too much time is taken before we do what we do best.

Advice to Management

Clarify roles. Simplify processes. Reduce the number of communication channels with clients but make them better. Roadtest all this more quickly and communicate results more often, even informally. Don't take months cooking something up before even communicating or testing it with us, in the loop. All the right people are here, all the right elements are in-house but a good team without roles will somewhat always... suffer from an identity crisis.

McMillan2019-05-15

Discover more reviews about McMillan.