1. "Every workplace needs an Albert."

5.0

I have been working at McMillan full-time

Pros

Amazing work environment with a great community of talented individuals. Profit sharing with tiers encourages everyone to strive to achieve more than the bare minimum. The office is closed for Christmas break so no need to use any vacation days around the holidays. 'The Albert' is a role that I am convinced every company should look into implementing. He stays on top of everything, and plays a large part in making the office a fun place to be.

Cons

Starting salary was less than expected.

McMillan Response

May 1, 2019CEO

I agree—it’s a distinct and unique role, one that Ray is perfectly cast for! Thanks for your input on salaries, I’ll take an excerpt from our HR Manager: “In terms of salaries, benefits and time-off: it’s important to us that we’re a competitive creative agency, so we did a salary study last year. The results showed that employee wages exceed the national average for our industry. As you know, we also offer ample opportunity to work from home, unlimited personal appointment time, fun monthly events hosted by the company, end-of-year profit-sharing, and other great benefits. Still, there’s always room to do better, so we’ll take all of your feedback into consideration and are always open to hearing more. Thanks for you feedback.” Best, Pierre Paul

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Unique, supportive and well-balanced culture"

Former Employee - Client Services Manager

I worked at McMillan full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The agency was founded in 1996. So it is young enough to be fresh, exciting and open to new ideas. But it is established enough to have a solid HR function, well-trained and supportive managers, and an excellent work-life balance. As an agency, the clients' needs can often tip that balance during busy times but the agency is very accommodating to balance things out appropriately. It is a very fun, laid-back yet professional environment. And with clients across the US and Europe, there are opportunities for more global exposure--and from time to time, travel.

Cons

The only cons I can think of are actually consistent with any creative agency of that size (80 people, +/-). Internal communication can be challenging and the inherent 'tension' that can exist between clients and creative pops up now and again.

Continue reading
  2. COVID-19

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Contractor - Account Coordinator in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at McMillan for less than a year

Pros

As someone who just finished school, McM has been a great place for me to start off my career. I learn so much from my co-workers everyday… these guys are so talented and aspiring. The support and mentorship has been amazing. I never feel as though I can’t ask a question and they’re always there to help me out when needed. They continue to challenge me with assigning me to new tasks that is unfamiliar ground, but check in on me along the way and offer all the support! Awesome company culture. With Covid 19, I was only in the office a few days before we started working from home, but the office atmosphere is so fun. They definitely work hard, but are not afraid to let loose once and awhile. Constantly tossing joking with one another, dogs are always welcome to visit, beer cart comes out on Fridays and snacks for all! Even with Covid, McM set up a Friday social hour and we recently have been meeting in the park for lunches A lot of their clients are international which is not something you get to experience so often in Ottawa and definitely makes a work a little more fun and interesting. The new office is beautiful. Right in the heart of downtown Ottawa. Brand new, lots of windows and plants, close enough proximity to everyone in the office so you can collaborate easily and feel like a close knit group. Did I mention dogs are welcome in the office?

Cons

Not enough dogs not that we're working from home

Discover more reviews about McMillan.