McMillan - A good place to be and grow | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "A good place to be and grow"

I have been working at McMillan full-time for more than 19 years

Pros

A very comfortable place to be/work. Good spread of young and old bringing fresh ideas and a wealth of experience on all fronts. The will and need to improve is ever present and acted on.

Cons

It can be busy (really busy) at times but that's the way it goes sometimes. Hard work is recognized and appreciated. <--- Con becomes a Pro.

McMillan2017-02-24

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Unique, supportive and well-balanced culture"

Former Employee - Client Services Manager

I worked at McMillan full-time for more than 19 years

Pros

The agency was founded in 1996. So it is young enough to be fresh, exciting and open to new ideas. But it is established enough to have a solid HR function, well-trained and supportive managers, and an excellent work-life balance. As an agency, the clients' needs can often tip that balance during busy times but the agency is very accommodating to balance things out appropriately. It is a very fun, laid-back yet professional...

Cons

The only cons I can think of are actually consistent with any creative agency of that size (80 people, +/-). Internal communication can be challenging and the inherent 'tension' that can exist between clients and creative pops up now and again.

Advice to Management

Continue to nurture the amazing culture that exists. Develop talent from within the ranks.

McMillan2017-05-05
    2. "Onwards and upwards!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at McMillan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Constant personal and professional growth, new challenges every day, and upward momentum. Very talented and passionate coworkers and supportive, transparent leadership. New CEO showing excellent business acumen in navigating the ups and downs of our highly volatile industry with a great sense of integrity and foresight.

Cons

Because the nature of our industry is very fast-paced, sometimes it gets very overwhelming and requires some serious time management and organizational skills to maintain a healthy work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Possibly leverage and use the skills of middle management more often to sharpen business skills and create more fluidity and autonomy throughout the organizational hierarchy. Hire more talents from out of town who have more competitive industry experience and are hungry to compete with global talents. We need more people with a certain level of maturity and perspective that comes with “big cities” background and experience.

McMillan2019-04-17

Discover more reviews about McMillan.