Magnus Personnel - Working at Magnus | Glassdoor.ca

"Working at Magnus"

Current Employee - Recruitment Architect - Medical Business in Mississauga, ON
Current Employee - Recruitment Architect - Medical Business in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Magnus Personnel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Magnus Personnel provides a warm work atmosphere. Collaboration and dedication to service are prized. The work structure is flexible, expertise is abundant at every turn and daily improvement and excellence are encouraged. It's a culture of contribution. Someway, somehow, you make your mark on this place, and those contributions which add to the growth, diversity and betterment of the organization are recognized with reward and considerable appreciation. It's an ideal place to serve both company, client, and community.

Cons

There are no cons per se to the construct of the senior management team. The recruitment space, is however, not for everyone. Thick skin is a basic necessity. High activity is an equal must. Success does not necessarily come easy off the top. Building a fully functioning network of clients and candidates requires dedication, persistence and resiliency. You need to know what you're walking into. Do your research. Speak with professionals in the space before walking down this path for the first time. That said, the reward potential is as strong and inspiring as any sales path I've encountered previously.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. This place oozes passion. Patience and perseverance. Such efforts have clearly payed off thus far.

Other Employee Reviews for Magnus Personnel

"A LEADER AT HIS BEST!"

Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter
    Former Employee - Healthcare Recruiter

I worked at Magnus Personnel full-time

Pros

Every organization, regardless of size, location or corporate structure, must have a leader who performs tasks aimed at developing the organization's vision and implementing the policies and procedures that allow that vision to be accomplished. Erik Simins, the President of MAGNUS Personnel did just that. In order for MAGNUS’s to achieve success, goals and standards had to be set. While MAGNUS’s primary goal was always the continuous generation of revenue in many different divisions, including the division I work in (Healthcare), the goals he developed and implemented also encompass many areas in addition to the sales. He encouraged us not only to focus on the dollar sign but what we represented as an individual. He stood by his people though the good times and the bad times. He helped his people achieve a new level of awareness of themselves, which helped unlock a whole new level of potential, not only in their financial life but also in their personal life.
    I have worked for a few organizations in my career and never once have I had a President and team members that treat you like family as they did at MAGNUS.

You will be making a great choice if you work for MAGNUS Personnel.

Cons

I saw little cons while working at MAGNUS. If we all worked hard, we all played hard.

Advice to Management

“The reality is that everybody makes mistakes. The issue isn’t whether you will make them, it’s what you will do about them. It’s whether you will choose the path of humility and courage or the path of ego and pride.” - Covey-

"True Recognition of the Autonomy, Mastery, Purpose Business Model"

I have been working at Magnus Personnel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

To give you a good idea of how Magnus came to operate so differently from the majority of rigidly-structured companies, this company was started by a recruiter who, after struggling to find true camaraderie & empowerment at the recruitment firms he worked for, chose to create his own company where he could foster the business model he'd always wished he'd been able to experience.

- the company motto, "Empower Your People", refers directly to the commitment the company has made to ensure that each and every recruiter has all the tools, support and leadership necessary to succeed as an individual within the organization (and, as a byproduct, power the organization as a whole).

- the management structure is fluid and not at all intimidating; Recruitment Architects answer to Division Managers/Senior Directors, who answer to the Managing Director. The Managing Director goes out of his way to get to know every employee and ensure that he is accessible to everyone. He also makes sure to CC the entire company on emails about big decisions in order to gather counsel from all and keep everyone in the loop about changes & the company's advancements.

- at our most recent leadership camp taking place in beautiful Muskoka, one of the Senior Directors presented about "Autonomy, Mastery, Purpose", showing the TedTalk by Daniel Pink. This is a progressive, modern approach to creative business that needs to be looked at by all organizations in the 21st century.

- the ethics ingrained into this company are a big perk of working here. It is extremely important to the Managing Director that we stand out from the less than ethical practices that have given the industry of recruitment a bad name. Transparency is strongly encouraged. The fact that ethics are valued above making money for the company is incredibly refreshing for me as an employee.

In my year since starting at Magnus, I have felt nothing but support and warmth from all working here and am continually humbled by my coworkers & leaders. Keep an eye on this company as it grows because it is a fantastic place to work.

Cons

It is a relatively small company, with the majority of employees based in the Toronto flagship office while a few people work in the Technology Division in Vancouver. The challenge is that we don't get to see enough of our coworkers across the company outside of leadership camps and incentive trips... they are all so much fun and I miss them!

Advice to Management

Share your ways with the rest of the world... they need it.