Magna International - Excellent Company to work!! | Glassdoor.ca
There are newer employer reviews for Magna International

"Excellent Company to work!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Magna International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Best company to work with.
- Have a clear goal and objective to strive towards the market leader in industry
- Great management support
- Excellent environment to learn and contribute

Cons

- perhaps long hours and high expectation (but it's not really a cons because shareholders also have high expectation to our company, so we must give back and contribute as employees)

Advice to Management

- keep up the great work
- keep the charter going because it's very important to the fairness in the organization
- keep up the annual meeting to meet employees

Other Employee Reviews for Magna International

"Awful experience, would not work for them again."

Former Employee - Machine Operator
    Former Employee - Machine Operator

Pros

- Plentiful hours, and great over-time pay.
    - Cafeteria with cheap food.

Cons

- Extremely hot, especially during summer seasons.
    - Management does not care about safe work practices in the slightest. I was stuck in front of a welding machine booth in 40 degree weather on average during the summer (peaking at 50 some odd during the hottest part of this summer) without any sort of fan. Multiple times from multiple people we were promised fans like the rest of the factory, and after a 2 week shut-down absolutely nothing was done by management to resolve the problem. I saw 2 people nearly pass out from heat exhaustion drenched head to toe in sweat.
    - Training was essentially non-existent. I was tossed onto a machine on my first day without any sort of training, the guy who did teach me had only been there a few weeks and left as soon as i learned the station. Abysmal oversight.
    - Mandated over-time. This wouldnt be a problem if the turnover rate wasnt so high, leaving massive gaps in production. You are then instructed to work and pick up the slack caused by poor management.
    - Full-time is extremely hard to get. If you dont VOLUNTARILY work atleast 50 hours a week every week you wont get the full-time position. If you dont volunteer, you will be mandated anyways and they keep track of every-time you dont sign up. Full-time is the position worth working for, 20 some odd dollars to start and benefits. You wont get it unless you sacrifice alot of your life and frankly your body as it is physically demanding.
    - Rotating shifts. This one is mostly personal preference.
    - Team Leaders with horrible attitudes. Miserable people that take out the misery on you with rude remarks and no sense of decency.

Advice to Management

Do a serious examination of every beige shirt on the floor. Most of those guys should NOT be in charge of anyone with the way ive seen people treated. Once you make your workplace somewhere people WANT to work you wont have a problem finding good employees. Why would i want to be a good employee for you if you dont show me the same respect by being a good employer?

2. "Forklift Driver / Material Handlers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton, ON

Pros

Treat their employees with respect and good working environment.

Cons

Force overtime.....long hours of work.

Advice to Management

Review some of company" policy that doesn't mean or help production levl.