Lush - The most enjoyable job I've ever had | Glassdoor.ca
There are newer employer reviews for Lush

"The most enjoyable job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Sales in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)
Current Employee - Sales in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Lush part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic training. The best managers I've worked for. Friendly team. Incredible products. Brilliant employee benefits. Good wage.

Cons

Some communication lost in translation when filtered through supervisory team. With most contracts being part time, it does give opportunity for bitchiness when some team members aren't around - as the team is made up by a large amount of part time staff, there's increased chance of characters clashing with one another, especially as those hired typically have strong personalities. Full time contracts not available until senior level.

Other Employee Reviews for Lush

"Life on the shop floor."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Assistant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Lush full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lovely staff. My work mates and I ended up becoming good friends.
    You sometimes get to take home broken products.

Cons

There was very little opportunity to progress within the company. When an opportunity did arise I was expected me to commute great distances on a small salary and, once there, to effectively train up a new manager (effectively doing her job for her) whilst earning a lot less than her.

"rewarding but demanding job"

Current Employee - Floor Leader
    Current Employee - Floor Leader

I have been working at Lush part-time (More than a year)

Pros

opportunities to move up within the company, I have already had multiple promotions while working here for two years. great discount and pay rate. Fun work environment. You also earn vacation time and sick leave.

Cons

long hours and talking constantly can be difficult. It is a job where a lot is expected of you, no matter what position you are in. You will often get feedback ( Coaching) on what you need to improve upon and if you follow these suggestions, you shouldn't have a problem.

Advice to Management

I really like the management at my store. I would say that overall, I wish we would adapt our selling standards a bit. I feel like people have different ways they like to be approached and the approach we currently use is not for everyone.