LoveToKnow - Cushy Writing Job, But No Autonomy | Glassdoor.ca

"Cushy Writing Job, But No Autonomy"

Former Employee - Writer

I worked at LoveToKnow (Less than a year)

Pros

I love LoveToKnow's emphasis on well-researched, expert articles with authoritative, reliable sources Pay is not bad. They seem to appreciate their writers enough. You get to choose which articles you'd like to write from a list, and when you pitch an approved article, they pay you an extra $15 on top of the base pay per article. Feedback from the editor is usually helpful

Cons

A lot of micromanagement. It feels like the editor is breathing down your neck at times. Each article that you choose from a list comes with a set of instructions that are many times unclear and vague, so when you write up the article, you're required to make several revisions. Editors usually edit for clean copy, grammar, and overall readability, but at LTK, it seems as if they will ask you to re-write the article...

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage your writers. By doing this, you will stifle their creativity, and also promote creative fear. I'll bet they have trouble with retention due to this reason.

LoveToKnow2017-03-29

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Supportive, collaborative environment"

Current Employee - Writer in Burlingame, CA

I have been working at LoveToKnow part-time for more than a year

Pros

Ability to work remotely; supportive management team who seek to get input from all levels of the company; interesting work

Cons

None really other than hard to develop relationships remotely

Advice to Management

Keep what you're doing, it's really nice to work for people who treat all of their staff as important, vital voices in their company's growth.

LoveToKnow2019-03-04
  2. "Amazing Company to work for."

Current Employee - Staff Writer in Jonesboro, GA

I have been working at LoveToKnow part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic support, respect for my area of expertise, recognition for achievement, and so much more.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

LoveToKnow2019-02-27

Discover more reviews about LoveToKnow.