Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk - Primary Election Inspector | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "Primary Election Inspector"

Former Freelancer - Recorder/County Clerk in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk for less than a year

Pros

As an Inspector I was responsible for the Operation and Implementation of my assigned Polling place as well as directing Clerks before and up to the day of Duty. This also included receiving and taking inventory of all Required Supplies/Inspecting all of them prior to election day (PBR , Ballots, Ballot Boxes and other related items) and if need be acquire replacement supplies/Ballots A great position to... take part in the election process, and assist any and all that need help in voting, and gives a glimpse into what goes on behind the scenes with regards to your Vote.

Cons

A very Responsibility heavy position, you are the main conduit between the voter and casting a vote;sometimes frustration on both sides of the desk comes to a head, and one has to maintain calm and helpful. Some are not aware of the amount of Trust given to them in this position, it would be very easy to cut corners here, but not flowing the rules is sometimes a Federal offense.

Advice to Management

So far so good, the training is good for the position, if anything should one not be able to fulfill their duties give your coordinator a call before election day.

Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk2016-11-03

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Enjoyed working there"

Former Freelancer - Volunteer Deputy

I worked at Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk for more than a year

Pros

Pretty much everyone I worked with there was personable, appreciative, helpful and knew their jobs well. I was not there full-time, and I'm sure there would be more to mention here if I were. It was my first experience working for government, and I didn't expect much, so I was pleasantly surprised. I think of my coworkers there often.

Cons

No coffee or other in-house niceties.

Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk2019-03-29
  2. "Lazy permanent employees"

Former Contractor - Clerk in Norwalk, CA

Pros

Met good people. Have room for advancement.

Cons

Employees whose been there a long time are lazy and complain about everything. They do socialize a lot and do the least amount of work.

Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk2017-10-12

Discover more reviews about Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder / County Clerk.