1. COVID-19

"Great company to work with"

5.0
    Current Employee - Job Seeker in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Lannick full-time

Pros

I am a new “immigrant” to Toronto, from B.C. and initially struggled with the massive size of Toronto and finding the right recruiter. A few months in, I reached out to Lannick and they started sharing roles with me and presenting me for them immediately. Of course this was happening during the height of covid but I was so impressed that they were working as a united team. I had a team, not just one recruiter! They successfully lisased with regard to a role I was being considered for and it worked out SO well for me!! I’m very happy and grateful for all the work they put in. Definitely a positive experience, I highly recommend working with this super professional and driven team.

Cons

None that I have experienced

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Company to Work For!"

5.0

I worked at Lannick full-time

Pros

Lannick has great company culture, company events monthly, quarterly and annually. Backed by an American company/Private Equity, Lannick takes great pride in their employee programs. Hire from within as well. Great Senior Management that brings a lot of good energy to the company. Overall great employer! Recommend to people that want to get into Sales.

Cons

Recruitment and Sales Associate job duties are very repetitive. A lot of hard work is needed to thrive. 35K base salary but potential to earn a lot through commissions. Although they hire from within, some division managers want it done their way and play favouritism.

2. "It's Not For Everyone"

Former Employee - Recruitment in Toronto, ON

I worked at Lannick full-time

Pros

You can make a lot of money doing this job - if you're willing to put in a ton of hours and follow the "me against you" mentality to succeed. You'll get to meet a lot of interesting people and attend a lot of work parties. As a new grad, you'll see a lot of potential to grow your business/professional acumen in a corporate environment that can be used to present yourself successfully to other organizations.

Cons

A lot of potential is sold during initial interview stages related to earning potential, growth and general progression that, once in the seat, you can see it's only allowed and offered to select individuals that fully and completely sell and commit themselves into everything going on with the organization (no matter how good or bad these practices are). As a recruitment associate working daily to actively feeding candidates to open roles and positions you'll have to turn a blind eye to the differing scales of compensation and commission offered to yourself when compared to the sales associates. Work-life balance is not fully available - asks were often made to skip lunches/breaks when busy, as recruitment associates. The same expectations were not present for sales associates.

Continue reading

Lannick Response

January 30, 2020Managing Partner

Thank you for your review. We agree there is great potential to have a successful career with Lannick and make a lot of money in doing so. In fact, we have many employees with more than 10 years of tenure which is extremely rare in our industry. You noted that there are differing scales of wages between sales and recruitment associates. While this may be so, all of our employees are compensated well above market value and we are always transparent about this fact. There is no topic considered taboo and we are always happy to discuss the key differences between sales and recruitment as it relates to the job requirements and level of effort and skill set required for each side of the business. It is highly typically for any organization to assess individuals based on their aptitude and attributes and lead them to the role that best ensures their success. Absolute fairness is a fallacy as there are several criteria used to determine how compensation structures are developed. Earning potential has been defined in our cohort analysis that we share with all staff and is linked to the Lannick Career Path, which ties sales and recruitment producers to certain goals and showcases how they can be promoted based on when these goals are achieved. We are extremely proud to have developed an industry-exclusive career map to success for our producers. There is no question that we ask all of our employees to buy into our vision and our targeted growth and hold a high standard when it comes to evaluating and managing our staff, but in turn we also provide ample opportunity for all of our staff to be promoted and to be recognized through our numerous incentive programs. No company that grows at our pace and has the credibility that we do in the market has absolute good or bad practices; what we have here at Lannick are practices and processes that have evolved immensely over our 35 years of operation and we will never stop improving what we do and how we do it. You are correct about this job not being for everyone, and to be successful in this position our people know that they MUST be coachable, willing to course correct when things don't always go right, grind it out each and every day no matter the roadblocks/obstacles that they face, and put in whatever time and effort it takes to get the job done. For some, that means working 10+ hours a day (including through lunch) and for others the same level of success can be achieved in an 8 hour day while being able to take a full one hour lunch. No two people are the same and those that wish to earn our top-level awards must be the hardest working professionals in our industry. We will never compromise on the level of greatness that is required for us to maintain our position of premium provider in the most competitive market in the country. To summarize, work-life balance is certainly available and can be realized if work hours are being utilized effectively. Lastly, our Managing Partners will forever have an open door policy and all employees are encouraged to come to us on any topic, especially when things aren't going well. It's highly unfortunate that you didn't take advantage of type of access to the leadership of the organization as we will forever believe your challenges could have been overcome with our support. We wish you all the best in the future.

Discover more reviews about Lannick.