Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work !

Jun 30, 2021 - DDM
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great values and fun place to work. Great place to grow.

Cons

Perfect size for creative and efficient people. No cons I ca think of.

Be the first to find this review helpful

President and CEO

Thanks for the great review!! I know the last few years have been tough for our DDM sales team and I thank-you for keeping a positive outlook! As we move to a hybrid/flex work model and invite some of our team back to the office, some of the time, we will be putting a lot of focus on ensuring we can maintain that fun place to work and opportunities to grow for all our team members. We expect there will be some challenges but we are committed to ensuring we continue to create a great employee and customer experience!

Other Employee Reviews

1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good people, open to process changes but frustrating career stagnation

Jul 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I consider myself lucky to have worked there as my first job as I met some of the best people in here. As hectic as it gets, the fun workplace made life easier. The place boost my confidence and you get a lot of freedom to work your own ways, implement your own ideas. Nothing is set there in the department I worked.

Cons

Do not expect to have any life balance, weekends, evenings or stress free vacation if you get into finance department in entry level position. You are expected to work round the clock. They will pack higher level positions and be indifferent to struggles in day-to-day tasks. Even when they hear you, they are not listening. The pro in this con is it makes you resilient as a person however it is not sustainable and not fair treatment. Performance does not give you better career or promotion. Each time being turned down as not qualified enough yet you will have no time to invest in studies.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

President and CEO

Thank-you for your candid feedback and most importantly your 3-4 years of service to LGM. I agree our employee experience in our Finance Team has had some challenges in recent years. We are taking steps to address this with new leadership, improved processes/technology and more attention to our staffing levels. This plan also contemplates a shift from transactional work to more value-added financial analysis support for the business – something that will create more career growth for our Finance Team members. We have considerable work to do, but I am confident we have the right team and are well on our way.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome

May 18, 2021 - DDM in Winnipeg, MB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good product, good people in field

Cons

To reliant on commissions annually

Be the first to find this review helpful

President and CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. Our team puts a lot of focus on having great products for our customers, and I would agree we have an amazing team in the field. The annual commissions model that we have for our in field sales team is designed to reward results. Obviously that model has been challenged the last few years given the environment we have been in. We are constantly reviewing this model though and responding as quickly as we can to market changes to ensure we are rewarding our amazing field staff in ways that keep them engaged and focused on the right results. Once again thanks for the positive review and I hope to see you back at LGM one day!

Discover more reviews about LGM Financial Services.