Kiddie Academy - I enjoyed my time at Kiddie Academy. | Glassdoor.ca
There are newer employer reviews for Kiddie Academy

"I enjoyed my time at Kiddie Academy."

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher
Former Employee - Assistant Teacher

Pros

The KA I worked out had some very smart, very experienced teachers. I wouldn't say that every classroom was on top of its game, but at least 4 out of 6 were very good. And at least 3 of 6 were excellent. Most of my coworkers were friendly and willing to help you learn new things, etc. They also give an nice discount if you are a parent who would like your child to attend while you are working there.

Cons

I couldn't say whether the benefits were great, because I didn't use them. I already had benefits through my husband's employer. The pay may have seemed like less than one would hope for (despite being the average salary for such a position), but, for me, when the cost of child care was factored in, it was a substantial sum.

Advice to Management

The Director did a very good job. The owners didn't seem as if they loved having to constantly tend to the business, but they did what they needed to.

Other Employee Reviews for Kiddie Academy

"Great experience if you want to get into the Education field."

Former Employee - Teacher's Assistant in Syosset, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Teacher's Assistant in Syosset, NY (US)

Pros

If you want to get your BA or Master's in Early Childhood Education, this is a great stepping stone in heading toward that type of career. You gain experience working with children of all ages.

Cons

Some of the kids can be challenging and it can get stressful at times, dealing with the younger kids, especially the babies.

Advice to Management

N/A.

2. "Best place to work with kids!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Powell, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Powell, OH (US)

I have been working at Kiddie Academy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company does a great job giving staff the resources to excel in their field. I have only had positive experiences communicating with corporate and my owner is the best boss I've ever had. Community really does begin here.

Cons

Child care in general isn't for the weak hearted. We work hard for less money than public school teachers bit the rewards come quick and often if you stick with it.

Advice to Management

Make work life balance for staff a priority and they will last a great while.