Keirton - Best Company I have worked for in years | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "Best Company I have worked for in years"

Current Employee - Vice President, Marketing in Surrey, BC

I have been working at Keirton full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a long-time consultant I have worked alongside a large amount of companies. From massive corporations to small startups, I was able to get an inside look as to how they ran their business, interfaced with vendors and treated their employees. Very early in my career I had one stop with small start up that was only 5 people deep. It was the great mix of driven people that truly cared about the work that was done but also cared about each other personally. This small but nimble group had always set the standard for how I view all companies. Since joining Keirton 9 months ago, I can say that a new standard has been set. For an office of this size, it is impressive to feel how everyone is driving in the same direction. From morning huddles, to quarterly townhalls management is very transparent with goals and initiatives. Internal growth is welcome, staff is offered training opportunities and bonuses are tied to specific work deliverables. From a culture standpoint, there are BBQs, beer Fridays, an in-office gym and company excursions. The biggest one for me though is having a leader in the CEO Jay Evans. He has such a vision of the industry and does well to not only facilitate greatness but also cares about his people and drives our Mental Health initiatives in office. When a leader shows both care in the business but in his people as well it is hard to not be inspired. Since joining, I have recommended Keirton to many of my network. It truly is a great place to work.

Cons

Office space is tight but when you are a company that is growing as fast as ours it is to be expected. Parking spots fill up quick but there is always plenty of free street parking. Employee benefits packages need to be revisited. Living in Vancouver, the commute to Surrey isn't ideal, but considering it is counter traffic it is only a 25 min drive and given the makeup of the team, it is fully worth it.

Keirton2020-02-03

Other Employee Reviews

1. "The most challenging AND rewarding job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Ferndale, WA

I have been working at Keirton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Quarterly goal-setting focuses work and offers rewards for a job well done. Friendly and casual workplace. Work/life balance is a priority. Leadership team listens and shares. Mental health awareness. Beer Fridays!

Cons

Seasonality in business can lead to some stressful times during the year.

Continue reading
    Keirton2020-02-02
  2. "Hey you, Click here!"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Keirton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I'm two weeks away from my second year with Keirton Inc. I work remotely in the US and cover a few states within my territory. My position in the company requires close to 60% travel. As a Territory Sales Manager or Field Rep, you will be covering a large territory by car & plane. Relax, you do get the weekend's off and they don't expect you to work 12 hour days. If you enjoy traveling, meeting new people, building strong relationships, and building something special... look no further! Typical work week's are Monday -Friday with the weekends off. Exceptions to this would be trade shows or vendor days with our retailers which happen maybe 6-10 times a year. I've watched the company grow from 48 employees to now almost 80. I've witnessed promotions achieved within the company. Hard work, commitment, and being a team player pays off in the long run here. My Pros: I love my work family, I've never once felt micro-managed, You own your role in the company, Good Healthcare benefits, Travel Reimbursements - build those points up! Vacation time is great - specifically the longer you work here, Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing, Good base salary with quarterly bonuses that are achievable, fun office environment - I fly into Canada about 2-3 times a year. No drama, We really don't have a lot of turnover, We really do help businesses grow - which is a great feeling to have at the end of every work day. Our leadership team actually listens to what our employees say, want, and need. Which is a huge plus in my book.

Cons

It can be stressful at times and that's the only reason why I gave this review 4 stars instead of 5. Forecasting for any industry is never easy. Traveling quite a bit can sometimes get old. Until I remember working my corporate desk job 3 years ago and laugh. That being said, if you're not a little stressed from time to time, you most likely don't care anymore. At least that's what I've noticed. Some of these reviews have complaints about the parking. I don't work at the main office so I don't notice this. The last I heard a month ago, we're looking to move into a bigger building soon - So maybe take a breathe and "Walk it off" - Dad joke. We could use more team players. We gradually get busier every quarter, especially in the US with new states opening up. So hiring the right people to fill these new roles is crucial to our companies growth.

Continue reading
    Keirton2020-02-06

Discover more reviews about Keirton.