Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Doctors

Jul 20, 2019 - Doctor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love it it’s so Good

Cons

None it’s just the best

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent Pay, Benefits. Too political

Jul 27, 2021 - Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in Bakersfield, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing pay and benefits. The time off is very generous, and health care plan is the best for anywhere I’ve worked.

Cons

Way too political. Forcing their liberal agenda down your throat. You’re a bigot if you speak up.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Kaiser- best hospital to work for

Jul 14, 2021 - Pharmacy Technician Outpatient in Fresno, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay at Kaiser is the highest in the medical field that I know of. You have access to see how much people get paid based their position, the union they're in, and how many years they have been at Kaiser. It is union, except for any management/supervisor positions, so after your 3 month probation period it's almost impossible to get fired. The benefits are great, they are taken out of your union dues each pay period.

Cons

It is union so everything is based on seniority , your hire date. Even if you work your butt off, you don't get higher pay or better shifts. It can take forever to get benefited. I am still on-call after 5 years! I can technically work 40 hours a week and still not have a benefited position. This is mainly due to the fact there was a lot of people hired in my department at the same time, therefore our hire date goes by the time we applied, since we all got hired on the same day. I am one of the last people not to have a position, but the pay is worth the wait. Again Kaiser is union, so coworkers can be lazy....I think they forgot just how easy they have it and how much they get paid. Management can't really do anything to discipline , or won't do anything since our union is so strong.

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Kaiser Permanente.