J D Wetherspoon - Good company with great people | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "Good company with great people"

I worked at J D Wetherspoon part-time

Pros

-Good opportunities within the company -Allowed me to work around education

Cons

-Long hours/Late shifts - comes with working in a pub

J D Wetherspoon2019-03-14

"Business Manager"

I have been working at J D Wetherspoon

Pros

Great work and co-workers. Challenging, but satisfying way to grow professionally . This job will stretch you! I enjoy the work but wait for the cons.

Cons

Management lack of people skills. Although good business acumen, management treats employees like crap. No coaching skills at all.. many have moved on because of treatment.

Advice to Management

Get a clue.

J D Wetherspoon2018-05-15

"Horrendous"

Team Leader in Wakefield, MA

I worked at J D Wetherspoon for more than a year

Pros

Gained friendships. Money off food on shift. You're always busy..

Cons

Zero hours contract so one week I could earn an amazing amount and the next be so broke I can't afford transport to and from work. Taxis as I did a lot of late shifts. Management allow bullying to take place. Management are supposed to back you up if someone is drunk or rude etc.. but in my experience they haven't done this at all. Promised the world promotion wise and they gave someone else the job that was... lined up for me. Made me do kitchen training when it wasn't needed or even noted down. Expect to be spoken to like rubbish from customers, staff members and management. Very long shifts if staff decide to not turn up or get drunk the night before (this happens ALOT)

Advice to Management

I wouldn't even bother giving advice it's that much of a joke.

J D Wetherspoon2016-04-11

Discover more reviews about J D Wetherspoon.