Innovate UK - Disorganised and corrupt | Glassdoor.ca

"Disorganised and corrupt"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Colchester, England

I have been working at Innovate UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Home based-so some flexibility

Cons

How long have you got...! Promoting incapable people to authority positions. The rot starts from the top-turf out the corrupt rubbish at the top and weeding out the lazy so and so’s will follow-paving the way for a more productive business.

Advice to Management

Sack yourselves! Promote people who work hard and treat people with respect. Be fair. Discipline lazy people.

Innovate UK2018-05-31

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Extended a 6 month contract to 9 months, Great place to work & great colleagues."

Former Employee - Lead Digital Analyst in London, England

I worked at Innovate UK for less than a year

Pros

Personal experience - Very competitive contract rates although it was a position of need. Extremely flexible working throughout a variety of transport and health issuse, I was able to still contribute just as much from home as I could at the office, in terms of work at least.

Cons

-Location/Commute depending on where you live -Usual things a government organisation sees, budget squeezes, competition between tech vendors, lack of talented permanent employees for various reasons. No news here for anyone with public sector experience but maybe something for Graduates or anyone with only private sector experience to keep in mind. - Nothing at all that could be considered a major problem.

Advice to Management

Thumbs up from me to both the project managers I worked with as well as the numerous developers, UX designers, product owners and all the rest. Also helped out some other areas of the organisation and really don't have a bad thing to say.

Innovate UK2019-07-14
  2. "A dynamic and worthwhile organisation"

Former Employee - Head of Corporate Communications

I worked at Innovate UK full-time

Pros

Sense of mission and reward; surrounded by bright and enthusiastic people; a dynamic and challenging environment.

Cons

Many competing priorities; uncertainty pending merger into UKRI.

Innovate UK2019-07-10

Discover more reviews about Innovate UK.