InVision - Dream job | Glassdoor.ca

"Dream job"

I have been working at InVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at InVision is a privilege. The people are talented, intelligent, fun to work with and know how to get things done. No project is too big or ambitious. Resources are supplied to get great ideas off of the ground. The flexibility of working remotely is a huge bonus. Opportunities for growth are given to those that show ambition and deliver results. I can't recommend working here enough.

Cons

Onboarding could be standardized and use some improvement. The company is constantly growing (which is positive), but it inevitably leads to constantly evolving processes/structure which can be difficult to keep up with at times.

Advice to Management

Keep putting belief in employees that deliver results. Keep pursuing the challenging ideas that no one else will.

InVision2016-10-31
  1. "Amazing Company - And Only Going To Get Better"

Former Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at InVision full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Although I worked in Finance, my job was to build relationships and work closely with leaders across the organization - including Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Product and Design - right up to the COO and (occasionally) the CEO. There has been a lot of change in the past 6 months - and really in the entire 2.5 years I was there - which is fairly common for a company growing so fast (it tripled in size during my... tenure). This can create some growing pains but I honestly believe the leadership and team they have in place now - particularly in the departments named above, that I was closest to - are the strongest I saw in all my time at the company. The future is extremely bright for InVision and I look forward to now supporting them as a shareholder. As for the Finance team itself, it's one of the strongest I've ever worked with - largely due to the leadership of the VP of Finance building an amazing team, almost from scratch.

Cons

Although I personally see it as a pro - since I loved it - the learning curve for getting used to a fully remote organization can be tricky. Managing an even bigger team at scale - as the company continues to grow - is going to put more pressure on this model but I have a feeling they are going to make it work.

Advice to Management

Look after your Finance team, they're the best!

InVision2019-06-20

"Completely Remote - Completely Connected!"

I have been working at InVision full-time

Pros

Day to day: InVision has been the most unique work culture I’ve ever had the pleasure of working in. I’ve worked remotely throughout my career, but never like this. The entire company’s workforce is distributed, and it’s different. You’re not missing out on talks at the watercooler, you don’t have to book a meeting room! We all work from our homes. We all understand the benefits and the necessity in being... proactive in our communications with one another; we feel more… connected. From the moment I had my first interview, to on-boarding, to my first day, to today I continue to be impressed by the attention to detail and design centricity that has cultivated a level of engagement, productivity and community I wouldn’t have thought possible in a 100% distributed workforce. Personal Growth and Opportunity: This is a company that really cares about the development and well-being of its employees. From personal growth to professional career growth and opportunity, the option is always there to expand one’s horizons. In the time I’ve been here, I’ve seen promotions, and lateral moves, as well as significant career shifts. Global Perks: I love that InVision’s perks are offered to employees globally and we can all benefit from the same sweeteners that enrich our day to day. The “people team” comes up with great ideas to benefit employees and their health and wellbeing. Communication: From all levels of the company, open communication is a very regular occurrence. At our all hands meetings the content is candid and genuine. I love that Clark and David talk about ‘snacks’ when we’re on the line with one another to kick of the calls, it’s fun. We don’t have an ‘office’ to eat together, why not share what we like to eat from the comfort of our own homes? It’s light-hearted and informative at the same time! Leaders: Leadership cares. Boom! I said it. I have not met one leader at the company that I wouldn’t feel completely comfortable reaching out to. The door is always open. I’m proud to call myself an InVisioner and look forward to being with the company for years to come. Best company ever!

Cons

I guess remote culture will not be for everyone but InVision does it better than anyone I've ever seen.

InVision2019-04-15

Discover more reviews about InVision.