Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Good

Dec 19, 2019 - Research and Development Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was a good experience.

Cons

They are not that big or small.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Flexible to work from home

May 21, 2021 - Quality Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible to work from home

Cons

so far haven't got anything

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great people and culture. Lack of innovation and progress

May 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The one thing Imprivata does best is hire great people. Everyone is smart, motivated, hard working, and eager. As a result, the culture is great (although this is a bit more challenging with COVID keeping the office closed for a year and a half). Our customers typically love us, and we are making a huge difference in healthcare which is great. Work schedule, work location: management are pretty flexible on this. Pay is good, benefits are pretty good although the retirement plan could be better (only 3% match and poor selection of stocks, mostly with higher fees).

Cons

Being private equity owned, there is not a long-term focus. Instead, business decisions are focused on short-term deliverables that can increase company valuation. There has been a persistent lack of innovation and risk-taking. We only create things that customers have purchased. We do not try to predict where the ball is going and take calculated risks. Death by analysis was the mantra for product management for the longest time, particularly under prior product leadership. Career growth is limited, especially in certain teams. There is not a strong program for employee development and training. Promotions and advancement are limited depending on the org. It is disheartening watching people get promoted 3+ times on other teams when other teams have not had a promotion in a decade. Very hierarchal and top-heavy organization. Many managers for few 'workers'. You can't get much done without having to involve a VP, SVP or C-level in everything. This restricts our ability to make progress.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Imprivata.