INTERSECT - My favourite horses | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "My favourite horses"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at INTERSECT full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's cliched amongst tech companies at this point, but Intersect is the best culture I've everworked in. Intersect actively seeks out opportunities for learning, personal growth and inclusion for their team members. We have weekly lightning talks that cover every topic from LGBTQ rights/history to biomimicry, all the way over to other super important topics why 'I lost in fantasy football'. We also have more industry-focused lunch and learns to get team members informed on trends in design, tech, and business in general. Management (from the CEO down) is very down to earth, transparent and care about every person at the company. Further to this, I've never experienced a tech leadership team so committed to every aspect of their developer's well being. Tech + Design leads hold weekly one on ones with every person in their pod, and I can't undersell how important that is to everyone here. In all honesty, the management team at Intersect are equally well equipped to help you learn and grow as a professional and make you laugh your *ss off. There are always lots of weekly/monthly activities to take part in, both official and unofficial. We've recently broken out our social committee into four groups focused on creating initiatives focused on helping team members live, give, play, learn MORE. We're growing. A lot. There is a lot of opportunities for career growth, and you'll meet SO MANY smart, interesting, caring human beings here.

Cons

We're growing. A lot. There are a lot of changes going on as we transition, and it's difficult to know exactly what shape we'll take on the other side We we're recently acquired, and while our company always felt like a hot rod zipping down the track, it now feels a little like someone strapped a jet engine to our ride and pressed ignition. What this means is that our size, people, and processes are constantly in flux. You have to be adaptable to feel comfortable in an environment like that.

Advice to Management

We've been lucky so far that the hires we've made that enable us to scale have had a positive effect on our company culture, please keep this responsible growth plan going forward. Agency work is stressful, and we need to exercise every opprotunity to reward our teams and individuals for the hard work and sacrifices they make to get us across the finish line.

INTERSECT2019-04-10

Other Employee Reviews

1. "amazing company"

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at INTERSECT full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing work environment I have seen so far

Cons

I have not faced any downside yet

INTERSECT2020-01-12
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Android Developer

I have been working at INTERSECT full-time

Pros

Great people, good culture and good pay.

Cons

Company is growing so there are some changes as expected but still it's a great place to work at.

INTERSECT2019-11-20

Discover more reviews about INTERSECT.