IKEA - Possibly my favourite place to work at | Glassdoor.ca
There are newer employer reviews for IKEA

"Possibly my favourite place to work at"

Current Employee - CO-Worker in Scarborough, ON
Current Employee - CO-Worker in Scarborough, ON

I have been working at IKEA (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Management, very employee centric, as an employee they ensure our voices matter and what can be chance will be changed. Benefits for both part-time and full-time are amazing. My Co-workers are amazing. The health and safety procedures are extremely well followed. If you want to make good money in a fantastic environment, this is the place to work.

Cons

I have not found anything wrong with this company as of yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing now, this is definitely how a large company should be.

Other Employee Reviews for IKEA

"So you ask me why I love my company?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North York, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North York, ON

I have been working at IKEA part-time

Pros

This is a place...
    Where everyone wears the same uniform. You can talk with anyone or ask anyone for help, whether you know them or not.
    Where your coworkers pray for your applications for new positions, and teach you whatever they know instead of seeing you as a competitor; where they're happy to see you working hard because they do the same.
    Where you can hold your coworkers' hands jumping up and down when you're excited; where you sincerely feel happy for your coworkers when they get promoted.
    Where it's safe to tell your coworkers about your stupid mistakes, knowing that they will joke about you but also comfort you.
    Where your coworkers will worry about you if they haven't seen you for a while.
    Where your bosses are there to back you up, not to pick your fault.
    Where your sorrow is that too many people treat you so well. You don't know how to pay them back.

Cons

Most of the coworkers are part-time unless you are a manager. This makes it hard to live on this job alone.

Advice to Management

Hope we have an online forum/discussion board where everyone can discuss our work whenever we want to. What's even better, a discussion board for every department.

2. "good"

I have been working at IKEA part-time

Pros

good place to work part time

Cons

customers can be a bit much