1. "Phenomenal Culture (seriously!)"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at HubSpot

Pros

Had a really helpful mentor/TL that clearly cared about my personal growth and helping me accomplish tasks I was interested in. The company really respects its developers and trusts us to make decisions, which is really nice. The company and leadership teams also make sure they are being transparent about company direction.

Cons

The process of putting developers on-call is not ideal. Even though both backend and frontend developers are on-call, it's the backend people who have to deal with pages in the middle of the night. Sometimes a person can be on call 50% of the time, which is not good for work life balance.

Continue reading
  1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at HubSpot full-time

Pros

Awesome benefits, work culture, and pay. Overall great company

Cons

None as of right now!

2. COVID-19

"So impressed with Onboarding!"

Current Employee - Sales Enablement in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture is taken more seriously than anything else. Day one, we were told unequivocally that Black Lives Matter, that they understand they have work to do internally and need to do better at helping externally, and they are amplifying the voices of their BIPOC consistently. They take Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging extremely seriously as both a part of their culture as well as their business model. I've never been so impressed with a company's transparency and I am only one week in. The benefits are largely standard, but their unlimited paid time off policy is not a trap like many companies. I've heard several leaders say things like "you should try to make sure you take AT LEAST a week total per quarter" or "we have mandatory mental health days." They pay much more fairly than several prominent tech companies in the area. They have incredible remote capabilities that have made them very versatile and ready for Covid-19. I have no doubts that they will be at the front of leading the world into the new normal of corporate business and saas.

Cons

I don't know of any at this time. I know that it's not perfect, but I love that they will say that and are actively working to adapt themselves. Onboarding is exhausting, but it should be calmer after that period.

Continue reading

HubSpot Response

June 23, 2020Chief People Officer

Thank you so much for the review, for being part of our enablement team, and for the callout of our focus on both Black Lives Matter and mental health. One of the things we try to do in onboarding is reflect what's happening in the world around us, so glad to hear you felt the love there--so glad you're on our team, and thanks for the feedback! -Katie

Discover more reviews about HubSpot.