HomeServe UK - Flexible & supportive place to work | Glassdoor.ca
There are newer employer reviews for HomeServe UK

"Flexible & supportive place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Digital Marketing Manager in Walsall, England (UK)
Current Employee - Senior Digital Marketing Manager in Walsall, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time

Pros

It's been a while since I left a review and since my last post my circumstances have changed quite a bit (I'm now expecting my first child). So I thought I'd spend 5 minutes sharing my experience again.
I’m pleased to say I still love working at HomeServe. It's an exciting, dynamic, growing company. The focus on customers and employees, makes it impossible for you not to thrive here (unless you don't want to thrive, of course). I've had 3.5 great years and am proud of what the company has done, but also proud of what I've contributed personally. I'm now in the pleasant stage of finding a replacement to cover me while I'm on maternity leave. The time off will be a bit of an adjustment for me, but it'll be great to get back and carry on down the line. The lifestyle policy gives me the choice to take off what I feel is right for me and my baby, so I haven't yet decided how long that'll be. It’s great not having to make that decision now.
Until next time…

Cons

Genuinely can't think of any

Advice to Management

Just keep focusing on customers and people

Other Employee Reviews for HomeServe UK

"The hype of employee engagement"

Former Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at HomeServe UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

a lot of higher management involvement, decent salary, decent benefits, good work - life balance

Cons

Because most of the direction is top to bottom, middle management only plays by the book without really understanding what they are trying to achieve. Sure, the beers are nice, the bikes are nice but without real benefits and career progression plans, none of that makes any difference. It's just dust in the eyes. My biggest issue was after I left when my manager "forgot" to send some holiday days that I had accrued to HR so my last pay was very low. It is still to be resolved.

Advice to Management

Don't offer incentives only when being forced.

HomeServe UK Response

3 Oct, 2016 – Director of Partnerships & Operations

Hi

Thank you for your review and once again apologies for the issue with your final salary payment.

Further to the contact we have recently had, I am pleased this is now being addressed.

I... More

2. "Always Improving"

Current Employee - Operation Support in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

I have been working at HomeServe UK (More than 8 years)

Pros

HomeServe lives and breathes its people promises. They always look to improve the experience of working at HomeServe, as well as the employee benefits.

HomeServe actively support career development, and will help you develop the skills that you need in order to take your career in the direction you want to go.

Your work colleagues feel more like a family.

An all round great place to work, and with the business growing, career opportunities are aplenty.

Cons

There is nothing that I can complain about. I am happy to work here

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The drive to be better, and the continued focus on the people delivering the service we expect, as well as focusing on the customer is paying dividends