Holiday Extras - Great place to work, that's easily connected to the whole of Kent and London | Glassdoor.ca
There are newer employer reviews for Holiday Extras

"Great place to work, that's easily connected to the whole of Kent and London"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for Holiday Extras (or HX as it is affectionally known by it's employees) for a over 10 years now, to what was only originally meant to be a temporary position.

HX is a progressive company that has always been open to new ideas; whether it's adopting a new style of developing the website (agile), to encouraging working from home to ensure you have a good work-life balance.

HX have always encouraged internal progression, irrespective of your position. There are a number of directors that started their careers in the contact centre or administration roles, and proves that commitment and hard word pays off.

There are great company benefits that are open to all from the moment you join. Whether this be a generous pension scheme, to cinema ticket discounts. All can be accessed is a secure intranet that allows you to manage your perks. In addition, long service is rewarded - free private health care after 4 years.

There is a real sense that everyone cares about the future of HX, and is encouraged with quarterly payments of profit-share - the more the business earns, the more we as individuals are rewarded.

These are just a few examples of what makes HX a great place to work - there are more reasons, but will be here all day!

Cons

Genuinely there isn't that many cons. As internal progression and development is encouraged, it makes it a hard place to leave!

Other Employee Reviews for Holiday Extras

1. "Really quite incredible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is really no other place like Holiday Extras. The leadership team are great, approachable and listen; there is an awesome benefits package offering great choice; with Anytime + I can work from anywhere so my work-life balance is great; people are hired on fit with a believe that skills can be taught - this means that everyone is really great to work with. I love the fast paced, the agility and the openness.

Cons

Really hard to find any here actually. At a push, I guess I'd say that you have to be pretty resilient as feedback flows easily (which is great actually as it helps drive performance).

Advice to Management

Doing a brilliant job - keep investing in great people!

2. "Best place I have ever worked!"

Current Employee - Executive in Folkestone, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Executive in Folkestone, England (UK)

Pros

Fantastic atmosphere, environment and culture. I have the freedom to be creative in my role, try new things and am given the support and encouragement to develop and learn - something I've not had before and absolutely love! They have an amazing flexible working which means I can still be there for my family without having to worry!

Cons

i haven't got any cons I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing :)