Heritage Education Funds - Marketing Associate | Glassdoor.ca

Employee Review

"Marketing Associate"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Toronto, ON
Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Toronto, ON

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

friendly work environment, good work life balance,training and professional enrichment opportunities

Cons

lack of room for advancement, not a very professional environment, lack of acknowledgement and advancement opportunities for employees, under industry average pay rate, minimal year end bonus

Advice to Management

invest in your people and company (IT solutions and software)

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"I enjoy working here and my job; this year I will be celebrating my 15th anniversary with the company."

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great open door policy, you can speak with anyone at the executive level.

Cons

Tight deadlines and a lot of projects on the go, all the time.

Advice to Management

Stick to only 3 - 4 projects per year... when there is too much on the go, you tend to miss stuff.

"At Heritage, I feel a empowered and appreciated..."

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I would recommend the company to anyone, from a young graduate seeking to get into a financial industry to an established professional or executive with a lot of experience. It is a great company that let's you grow professionally, I mean, they get you involved with really cool and interesting projects, you get to acquire new skills that you can put on your resume, they even pay for your education.. of course if it is consistent with the goals of the department you are in.
    Heritage promotes often, they value their employees and let them move forward. I have seen people spending 7-8 years there and it feels like they have changed 2-3 careers without moving out of the company! That's cool considering you get to grow professionally without a hassle of looking for a new job!
    Management is really good - from the business owners to front line managers - you can tell they care and it transpires onto the teams as well. And a big bonus - Heritage is actually doing something very good for Canadians and for the future of Canadian kids! Lots of employees are so attached to the company because they believe in the product and service we give to our customers - we help parents save for their kids future post-secondary education! I wish someone had done it for me when I was a kid. So yeah, come and join Heritage, you won't regret! And when you do, knock on the 5th door from reception, because I will still be there and will be happy to say hi to you!

Cons

Cannot think of any cons to mention here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job you are doing! We believe in you!!

Discover more reviews about Heritage Education Funds.