Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 1 year

meh

Dec 8, 2020 - CSA - Customer Service Associate in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

honestly some of the people I worked with were great.

Cons

management was all over the place and they hired some terrible store floor managers.

1 person found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Manager

Oct 27, 2016 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

GREAT Team to work with. Lower management really cares and tries hard to do the right thing. When we had District Managers it felt like family all around. Then the company terminated both DMs and the VP of sales. The new VP/Sales is as cold as the ice he constantly boasts about playing on each weekend. The biggest pro is that the people in the stores and middle management really care and it shows. The buyers pay attention to trends and the product mix often shows good judgement. Henry's is a good stepping stone into the next employer. If it wasn't for Henry's I wouldn't have found the photo company I'm now with, so doors opened because of my time at Henry's.

Cons

The new CEO isn't at all as people or business-able as the father. Cold, demanding, management by spreadsheet, people simply don't matter. Employees were once venerated as the pride of the company. The company no longer focuses on employees and certainly not customers. It's simply about the margin. There is no training. Period. Products come in and we're expected to learn it on our own. The softwaretools for training are terrible. There once was a terrific way to be rewarded for having good product knowledge. There no longer is. They killed the program that rewarded employees.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Old-fashioned ways

May 7, 2021 - Head Office Employee in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Casual setting - As long as the work is getting done on time you can pretty well do whatever you want

Cons

- Industry lacks stability (both photography and retail in general) - No room for growth - Don't ask for a raise unless you want to be laughed at by HR - They laid off a good chunk of corporate staff so there's no one to back you up if you want to take time off

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Henry's Cameras.