1. "Best of Both Worlds"

5.0
    Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations in Harrisonburg, VA

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

After 10 years in private practice, the office I worked for affiliated with Heartland Dental. Heartland gives you the feel of a private practice by keeping the local branding of your doctor, but with the support of a large corporate office. The systems really work! Every step of a patient's visit has been well thought out and there is a system (and an acronym) for it. This makes training new hires so much easier and more consistent. The support during COVID-19 was absolutely amazing and I'm grateful we were not navigating it alone. Heartland values personal and professional growth while focusing hard on leadership and communication skills. When you work for Heartland, you become a better person.

Cons

Flexibility with salaries is almost non-existent. Pay increases are smaller than private practice (averaging only 1-3% per year), but they are more consistent - meaning you actually get one annually.

Continue reading
    Heartland Dental2020-05-15

Heartland Dental Response

June 4, 2020HR

Thank you for sharing your journey with us! We're delighted to hear you are enjoying your time with Heartland Dental and especially that you don't feel alone during this difficult time. We know that your hard work, dedication and positive attitude led to your success and growth. Sometimes, things can be rolled out quickly, but we are looking for ways to improve this. We hope you start to see some progress, and we've also taken note of your feedback about compensation. You are a great asset to the Heartland Dental family, and we are confident you will continue to achieve your goals!

1. "Great company to start"

5.0
    Current Employee - Business Office Assistant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work in a field office as a business assistant and have for the past year and a half and I absolutely love my practice. My leadership team is easy to communicate with, makes decision I agree are best for the team, and everyone gets along so well. We’ve had very little turnover and our office operates at the highest level because of it! Every heartland office is different but I’m so glad I got the job where I did. Working in corporate dentistry has also proven to be a blessing amid corona virus and having a large network to lean on in times of uncertainty

Cons

Only con is that someone push from home office for more production can be stressful

Continue reading
    Heartland Dental2020-04-24

Heartland Dental Response

May 4, 2020HR

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you are experiencing personal and professional growth as a Heartland Dental supported team member. We're confident the skills and training you receive will provide you with even more opportunities to grow. We also appreciate your comments regarding compensation. We're constantly looking at ways to improve our benefits package, and your feedback helps us know where we can do better. Thank you for being a valuable part of our Heartland Dental family!

2. "Not Awful"

4.0
    Current Employee - Business Assistant

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, opportunity to move up if you'd like to be in management. Friendly company culture.

Cons

It's a for-profit corporation, so the sales tactics and focus on money can seem weird to someone used to working in healthcare. For example, every morning the office manager reads aloud how much $$ was brought in by each provider.

Heartland Dental2020-06-03

Discover more reviews about Heartland Dental.