Heartland Dental - Great | Glassdoor.ca
Pros
Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great"

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

Solid company culture, flexible schedule, 401k

Cons

Not really a lot of cons, professional, great company to work for.

5 Mar, 2019 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're happy to hear that you've enjoyed your time with Heartland Dental and your comments are greatly appreciated.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Fast paced, fun, and friendly"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Effingham, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Effingham, IL (US)

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always new challenges, people are appreciative, management rewards hard work

Cons

Benefits structure weak, too focused on touchy-feely leadership development

Advice to Management

Improve benefits structure

5 Mar, 2019 – HR

Thanks for taking time to provide your feedback! Your comments are greatly appreciated.

"Make Your Voice Heard"

Current Employee - Business Assistant in Gainesville, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Business Assistant in Gainesville, VA (US)

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am very grateful that Heartland gave me a chance with absolutely no dental experience. All the tools I needed to grow as an individual were laid out for me and the connections I've made have been amazing. There is not one person I would not help out if they asked. The amazing thing about corporate dentistry is that they CAN ask and I can help. I now have proficient skill sets in AR, insurance, scheduling and financial planning. They also built me into a leader regardless of what position I hold in whatever office I am in.

Additionally, having benefits is amazing. The growth opportunity is there though I wish there was better communication of what was open.

Cons

The communication of goals can be aggressive. This is a business and numbers are important. There is no denying that we track and we measure to better ourselves and the patient experience. The way it can be communicated can make it seem like it is just a constant push more without appreciation to the team, however. The information and message from upper to middle management should be delivered different when its middle management to team. Majority of team members have a different reason why they do what they do than numbers. Gear messages towards building each other up and celebrating patient care. Numbers are intimidating. Patient care is rewarding. The team just wants to feel appreciated. Just take a moment of the day to make sure you voice and appreciate what each individual team member is doing for the practice.

Advice to Management

If a situation is not making you happy, do not endure. Heartland is really great at recognizing hard work, validating that hard work, and finding solutions to keep good people. Growth is out there and support is out there. The only thing is that it will not find you. You have to take the initiative. If there is an opportunity to help out another office, take it. If there is an opportunity to learn something new, take it. If someone opens themselves up as a line of communication, use it. The more connections you build, the lighter everything seems. There is stress in any working environment and it is invaluable to know who you can reach out to for help. Communication is huge. Be an advocate for yourself because there is a place for you in Heartland that will make you happy.

Training is something that Heartland is constantly working to improve on and it is not quite there yet. The addition of online CE is amazing. However, there are some lessons that are better done face to face or in smaller settings with others for discussion. Leadership is not an easy role and can quickly make or break the culture of an office. It is hard to take people out of an office, but maybe have more people available to go around and teach. Once upon a time there was a BA mentor. Bring that back, please.

28 Feb, 2019 – HR

Thanks for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear you're enjoying Heartland Dental's support and realize your potential to grow with us. We're continuing to find ways to improve, so we... More

Discover more reviews about Heartland Dental.