Heartland Dental - Dentist | Glassdoor.ca
Pros
Cons
  • "work/life balance can sometimes be hard to achieve" (in 18 reviews)

• "The main reason they are doing this is because of the numbers first approach of upper management" (in 33 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Dentist"

Current Employee - Dentist in North Port, FL (US)
Current Employee - Dentist in North Port, FL (US)

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, they practice what they preach. I am well supported with education, training, and technology, and systems that enable me to provide world-class care to my patients. I have a healthy work-life balance that I could not achieve as a private practice owner trying. To figure it out on my own. When our practice was closed for 8days because we lost electricity when Hurricane Irma came through Florida, Heartland payed myself and my team members, even though the practice wasn’t open.

Cons

No company is perfect, but I have never belonged to one that cares so much about its employees

Advice to Management

Keep caring! Don’t ever lose sight of your mission and vision, or it will change the culture and Heartland will lose what makes it special.

6 Mar, 2018 – Manager, Talent Attraction & Employer Branding

We start every meeting at Support Office with reciting our mission and vision. Keeping it at the forefront of everything is absolutely critical, as you mentioned! We loving hearing stories from... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Employed for almost 10 years"

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Brooksville, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in Brooksville, FL (US)

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stable company with opportunity for career growth and ability to relocate almost any where in the US. Medical, Dental and retirement benefits. Education opportunities within the company.

Cons

Salary raises are currently limited to annually with a 3% cap without hierarchy management being consulted.

Advice to Management

Hire your employees at a rate that will keep them comfortable for several years. Business Assistants require more training than is currently offered at the office level. Look at finding a way to reduce the cost of medical benefits. Offer a more comprehensive retirement plan. The company used to have a great plan. Since that change retirement benefits are weak.

3 Apr, 2018 – HR

Thanks for taking time to write a review! One of the reasons we are able to offer great support is because of employees like you, and we are grateful for the contributions you have made to Heartland... More

"Practice Manager"

Current Employee - PMO Manager in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - PMO Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy how structured and systems focused the company is. This company has been able to grown me professionally and personally. The commitment is very mutual and it is an overall great place to work.

Cons

Salaries that are being restructured to be market place value are great, however I have been in the field for however many years dealing with a high stress level job with low pay and now I feel as if I was not cared about enough when starting the PMO role to be making what I deserve. I have always been results focused and delivered the support, to see that I was being under paid for $15,000 / year is really upsetting.

29 Mar, 2018 – HR

Thanks for taking time to write a review! We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time with Heartland Dental. We also appreciate your comments regarding compensation. There is always room for... More

Discover more reviews about Heartland Dental.