Harris Computer - Journey with Harris | Glassdoor.ca
Pros
Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"Journey with Harris"

I have been working at Harris Computer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Harris promotes a culture of providing employees with diverse opportunities for a career path that fits their aspirations and interests. I've played a number of roles along my long and exciting journey and thoroughly enjoyed in each of those roles. Harris is a firm believer of building future leaders from within. The number of vertical markets, products and technology stacks promotes a vibrant ecosystem of cutting edge opportunities. Looking forward to my continued growth within the organization.

Cons

Harris does look for highly motivated individuals who are not averse to continuously learn and improve.

Advice to Management

Continue empowering and investing in people.

Harris Computer Response

10 Feb, 2019 – Sr. Executive Vice President

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We will indeed continue to empower and invest in our employees.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"The product I worked on was good. Outdated technology is used for development"

I worked at Harris Computer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly and curteous staff. Good office location

Cons

All upper management is remote. So sometimes they have no idea about the day to day activities

Harris Computer Response

21 Jan, 2019 – Director, Talent and Development

Thank you for taking the time to provide you feedback. We agree remote environments create additional challenge for synergy. We will continue to work on collaborative environments and ensuring our... More

"Don't do it"

Former Employee - R&D
    Former Employee - R&D

I worked at Harris Computer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, except 401K that is non existent pretty much.

Cons

This is large company, consisted of many business units. One's experience really depends on the particular BU management. Mine was not that great (to say the least). Management has no idea how to run the software shop, no clue on how to preserve the knowledge and the talent they accrue. When numbers don't add up at the end of the quarter ... there is only one solution ... lay offs.
    Also there is no bonus or merit increase if you are not in management.

Discover more reviews about Harris Computer.