Harris Computer - Lots of opportunities across the Harris family of companies | Glassdoor.ca
Pros
  • "One of the reasons I feel Harris and its Business Units are great place to work is our values" (in 13 reviews)

• "There are opportunities for growth for anyone that wants to work hard with focus" (in 6 reviews)

Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"Lots of opportunities across the Harris family of companies"

I have been working at Harris Computer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Harris is comprised of many vertical market software business units with common bonds in financial performance and corporate values. This provides employees with great opportunities to learn and grow within their own businesses and then to easily transport those skills to other Harris' business as opportunities come up. Harris is very good at supporting employees who see opportunity within other Harris businesses and helping them make that move.

Cons

Harris is not for everyone. Working at Harris requires energy, drive and a strong customer focus.

Advice to Management

Continue to support and empower employees to learn and grow across Harris businesses! Thanks!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Dream Realization"

I have been working at Harris Computer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the reasons I feel Harris and its Business Units are great place to work is our values. Harris has 10 core values that we live and breathe by, with Dream Realization being one of them. I have a manager who cares about my development, we talk about my career path and goals in a open honest and transparent way, which is appreciated. And I know I am not the only one at Harris who has had this same experience.

Cons

compensation could be a bit better, but we are offered a great benefits package.

Harris Computer Response

29 Nov, 2018 – Director, Talent and Development

Values that we 'live and breathe', we love to hear that! Thanks for sharing.

"Interesting business model but not good for long term growth"

I worked at Harris Computer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary and benefits were good. Harris owns multiple companies in different industries so there maybe opportunities to move around. A lot people work remote, so if you like not having an office that is a plus.

Cons

Harris grows by buying companies, or part of them, that are in trouble and making money by cutting costs. How do you cut costs? Some ways are getting rid of offices and equipment, other way is by having quarterly/monthly layoffs.

The focus is not on how to grow the individual business but instead what can we cut this month to make a profit. Then next month what else we can cut to make more profit. It's a business model that has been working for them, they are making money, but it is at the expense of their employees and customers.

Advice to Management

If you want real organic growth you have to invest the time and money. Short term thinking will increase profits this month but is not sustainable for the long term. It takes time to enhance or create new products, so you can't expect quick results in that case. You should have a balance of cutting costs versus growing the business.

Discover more reviews about Harris Computer.