Handy - Great place to work | Glassdoor.ca
Pros
  • "You also get to meet new people" (in 23 reviews)

• "I would definitely recommend if you want to work part time for a decent salary" (in 21 reviews)

Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great place to work"

Pros

Very innovative company, relies on great technology

Cons

Common downsides of a startup

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "I'm a House/residential cleaner"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Bronx, NY (US)
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Bronx, NY (US)

I have been working at Handy (More than 8 years)

Pros

Helping others is a passion

Cons

Not to many hours or not that many clients

"Cleaner"

Current Contractor - House Cleaner in New York, NY (US)
    Current Contractor - House Cleaner in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Handy as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility and the option to cash out early.

Cons

The cleaners has no support from handy what so ever! A customer can say whatever they want and you could of been a 5 star cleaner and because of one Client it will drop your rating drastically. Handy claims to be for the cleaners and the customer yet that's not true the cleaners are pushed a side like garbage they don't care about us . If a customer cancels we get NOTHING yet if we do they charge us fees yet on their site they claim for That rule to be for both cleaners and customers Lies. They also charge customers a ridiculous price for cleaning and the cleaner doesn't even get half of that. We pay for our own supplies and carefare yet there's nothing in place by this company to protect cleaners. Handy is the worst company ever to work for. Also your pay rate is constantly going up and down for no reason because your rating could be going up but not your pay.

Advice to Management

Handy needs to really come up with a way to protect the cleaners from customers who aren't honest and lie on cleaners just to get a free cleaning or discount at the expense of a cleaner. Also when a job is cancelled customer's needs to be charged a fee period because when we claim a job we are counting on the money to take care of ourselves and when it get canceled it messes up what the cleaners are trying to accomplish. Keep in mind yes you need customers to keep the business running however without the cleaners handy would be nothing, because we make handy by cleaning these places!

Handy Response

12 Jul, 2018 – Social Media Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly appreciate all your hard work on the platform. Customers do receive a fee for cancelling bookings last minute. We also still compensate pros when a booking is... More

Discover more reviews about Handy.