Handy - On it's way | Glassdoor.ca
Pros
  • "You also get to meet new people" (in 23 reviews)

• "I would definitely recommend if you want to work part time for a decent salary" (in 21 reviews)

Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

"On it's way"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Handy full-time

Pros

Handy, like any startup, has definitely had its fair share of growing pains over the past few years. Like any company thats building a brand new market, sometimes things wont always be perfect in the first shot, but the people here always looking to make things better and learn from their mistakes.

Of all the startups I've worked for, I've never met a more intelligent, dedicated and passionate group of individuals as the leadership team here at Handy. It is a very data driven environment and they are constantly looking to improve on every metric, big and small.

Keep up the positive momentum!

Cons

It can be frustrating when you try out things and fail and have to go back to the drawing board. But having a team of supportive coworkers definitely helps.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in hiring the best and brightest and living up to the company goals will follow.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Handy is not a good company"

Current Contractor - Housekeeper in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Contractor - Housekeeper in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Handy as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of jobs
    Great Pay

Cons

Poor customer service
    Rating system
    Cancellations are frequent
    Unethical business model

Advice to Management

Remove the horrible rating system it is so unfair!

Handy Response

17 Aug, 2017 – Social Media Engagement Specialist

The rating system is in place so both professionals and customers can provide honest feedback for one another. We've added many new features to help improve the professional experience. There's... More

2. "Handy is not the best"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Handy as a contractor

Pros

quick cash , light work some times, meet great people, pay is okay sometimes.

Cons

customer friendly only, will cheat you on pay, switches time and pay on you sometimes.

Advice to Management

Today was the worst experience with handy. Today was the bud biilken parade , on my way to a customers house i realized that they had every block surrounding her house blocked off. i alerted her and let her know i couldn't get to her neighborhood due to the blockage of the street. She told me to cancel , i told her i would incur a fee. A hour later i received a notification saying that i had a missed job report. The customer lied and I incurred a fee. Basically the customer said i did a no call ,no show. The fee was 50. I reached out to handy ,and they automatically sided with the customer. Handy is very customer friendly and doesn't care to much about the employee. They don't even have a help service line for the employee to call. this is just one of the many problems of handy. Beware and good luck.Handy depends on the workers for a more a sufficient business flow. Handy should treat the employers just as important!

Handy Response

17 Aug, 2017 – Social Media Engagement Specialist

We believe email is the best channel to support the many professionals and customers that use our platform. You're able to dispute charges with us if you reach out by email and we'll review your... More

Discover more reviews about Handy.