Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work if you are a high-performer and desire role flexibility and autonomy

May 11, 2021 - Interaction Designer in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wellness and technology allowances, rrsp matching, peer to peer coaching, role flexibility, high trust, high autonomy, lots of talent within the organization, inclusive and authentic culture

Cons

No traditional people management roles due to flat organizational structure, don't expect profit sharing every year, workloads for delivery roles will ebb and flow considerably depending on demand from clients

Other Employee Reviews

1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture

May 8, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. Awesome people. Ethical.

Cons

Overall a great company to work for, but a bit volatile and unpredictable.

Continue reading
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Passionate People, A Great Place to Work

Feb 19, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's a reason why they've been on the Great Place to Work list in Canada for the last 9 years. Habanero is the best place I've ever worked. You can show up as your full, whole self and do great work that you're passionate about. Some really exciting projects and strong teams across functional areas. Lots of variety in projects and clients. Love the human-centered philosophy and design approach. The Toronto office is open concept with break-out rooms and board rooms, a really close-knit team filled with awesome people. A casual and genuine work environment. Purpose-driven, great culture, awesome people, opportunities to grow and learn, flexible schedule, options to work from home, flexibility to work from other offices, technology allowance, health spending account, extended medical and dental coverage, profit sharing, RRSP matching, fully stocked kitchens, bagel day on Tuesdays, Friday team lunches, cake on birthdays, beer fridge, flat structure, autonomy, each employee has a career coach, a collaborate approach towards work, high-functioning teams, a supportive work environment where people genuinely care about each other.

Cons

Can't think of any cons... There is a lot of collaboration across different national time zones (Vancouver, Winnipeg, & Calgary), so one sometimes might work a bit later in the EST (there is a lot of flexibility with schedules though so it all evens out). Salary base might not be the highest, but the compensation package as a whole is very competitive. If you're looking for your 'tribe', and a place to dig into your passion and purpose, Habanero is the right spot for you.

Continue reading

Habanero Consulting Group Response

Thank you for leaving this review! We are proud to be a Great Place to Work and I'm glad to learn that you agree with this; your insight allows us to continuously improve. We truly do care about our employees, encourage them to be their whole selves and do work that they're passionate about, so it's rewarding that this is consistent with your experience and correlates with our values. Our geographic expansion across different time zones may pose challenges, but it's nothing that some successful scheduling and collaboration can't alleviate. It's awesome that you feel you have found your community with us and that you get to dig into your passion and purpose. Thanks again for your feedback and we appreciate you being at Habanero.

Discover more reviews about Habanero Consulting Group.