1. "Fantastic place to work"

5.0

I have been working at Habanero Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Habanero has been voted one of the best places to work in Canada every year, and it's with good reason. They run a really good shop here, and genuinely trust you with the work. It is for self motivated individuals, who aren't afraid to take on the work. The team is super friendly and they have so many perks.

Cons

The teams are split between three offices, so you must be prepared to working with team members who aren't necessarily in the office.

Habanero Consulting Group Response

September 15, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We work hard on fostering a positive company culture and I'm so glad to learn that you appreciate it. We do seek self-motivated and passionate individuals, they're what makes Habanero such a great place to work! As we've learnt through working remotely, being part of a team who isn't physically there may pose some challenges from time to time. This is why we work hard to make sure everyone at Habanero has the best tools that we can provide for working together from afar, allowing us to connect between our Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Winnipeg offices. This makes our geographic expansion and being on a cross regional team just another perk of being a part of the Habanero team. We appreciate this review and thank you for being at Habanero.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great culture"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Habanero Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture. Awesome people. Ethical.

Cons

Overall a great company to work for, but a bit volatile and unpredictable.

Continue reading
  2. "Passionate People, A Great Place to Work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Habanero Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's a reason why they've been on the Great Place to Work list in Canada for the last 9 years. Habanero is the best place I've ever worked. You can show up as your full, whole self and do great work that you're passionate about. Some really exciting projects and strong teams across functional areas. Lots of variety in projects and clients. Love the human-centered philosophy and design approach. The Toronto office is open concept with break-out rooms and board rooms, a really close-knit team filled with awesome people. A casual and genuine work environment. Purpose-driven, great culture, awesome people, opportunities to grow and learn, flexible schedule, options to work from home, flexibility to work from other offices, technology allowance, health spending account, extended medical and dental coverage, profit sharing, RRSP matching, fully stocked kitchens, bagel day on Tuesdays, Friday team lunches, cake on birthdays, beer fridge, flat structure, autonomy, each employee has a career coach, a collaborate approach towards work, high-functioning teams, a supportive work environment where people genuinely care about each other.

Cons

Can't think of any cons... There is a lot of collaboration across different national time zones (Vancouver, Winnipeg, & Calgary), so one sometimes might work a bit later in the EST (there is a lot of flexibility with schedules though so it all evens out). Salary base might not be the highest, but the compensation package as a whole is very competitive. If you're looking for your 'tribe', and a place to dig into your passion and purpose, Habanero is the right spot for you.

Continue reading

Habanero Consulting Group Response

September 15, 2020

Thank you for leaving this review! We are proud to be a Great Place to Work and I'm glad to learn that you agree with this; your insight allows us to continuously improve. We truly do care about our employees, encourage them to be their whole selves and do work that they're passionate about, so it's rewarding that this is consistent with your experience and correlates with our values. Our geographic expansion across different time zones may pose challenges, but it's nothing that some successful scheduling and collaboration can't alleviate. It's awesome that you feel you have found your community with us and that you get to dig into your passion and purpose. Thanks again for your feedback and we appreciate you being at Habanero.

Discover more reviews about Habanero Consulting Group.