1. "sales"

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Brampton, ON

I have been working at HD Supply full-time for more than a year

Pros

people, pay, room to grow, good hours

Cons

nothing is bad about this company

1. "Great Opportunity to Develop Understandings of the Construction & Building Materials Market"

5.0
    Former Employee - Market Sales Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at HD Supply full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked out of the Rocky Mountains region and worked primarily out of the Aurora and Denver offices. This is a great position for developing understandings of the building materials and construction supply trade. There are usually 3-5 MSS sales associates working out of each region and this position is primarily focused on catering to Flatwork, GC and specialty trade-related SMBs . I was handed an account list with 100 already established underperforming accounts from the District Sales Manager, but found it paid more to take the initiative in going after new opportunities as there was a significantly higher commission opportunity in absorbing new market share from clients purchasing from direct competitors.

Cons

It was tough to work with operational protocols and mishaps at moments being so sales-minded, but these were also great experiences to come together with team members for learning and process-betterment purposes. There are also certain headaches that come with working in close proximity / small office environments. I strongly believe moving the MSS office based in Aurora, CO to a larger office setting would go a long way in providing a more comfortable setting for employees, but also understand that it's hard for large companies to prioritize when they have so much on their plate.

Continue reading
  2. "Change"

4.0
    Current Employee - Finance in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at HD Supply full-time

Pros

Dynamic environment with frequent change

Cons

Frequent changes in org structure

Discover more reviews about HD Supply.