Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing place to work!

Sep 30, 2020 - Frontend Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture - Hardworking team - Everyone is always willing to help each other and learn from one another. Each day I learn something new! - Fun project to work on - Super flexible work hours - Weekly meetings with the entire team to keep each other on track and appreciate everyones hard work - Following Agile Scrum methodology and using modern technologies - Ideas matter!

Cons

I cannot think of any!

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Practices what they preach (and sell) when it comes to valuing employees

Apr 16, 2021 - Head of Growth Marketing in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Guusto helps companies consistently recognize employees and build great cultures and this same commitment applies to its own employees. Employee appreciation, growth, empowerment, and recognition are deeply rooted in its DNA, and this permeates into daily operations and decisions. Everyone's input is encouraged and considered and everyone's contributions are recognized - not just the leadership team and managers. Guusto is also incredibly transparent with every department's playbooks, goals, projects, and plans openly available to each other. Weekly meetings also see each department sharing updates and plans for the current sprint. This is a refreshing and welcomed change from the interdepartmental siloing I see at so many companies. Worklife balance is promoted and respected. To personalize things, I was essentially the first EST employee with the rest of the company largely being PST and the company moved all meetings to fall within my standard workday.

Cons

Not a con in a pure sense but because Guusto values cultural fit, attitude, and values alignment almost above all else, the recruitment process is rigorous and taken very seriously by leadership. This means that even skilled candidates that don't align with these principles will likely not proceed to later rounds in the process. The company is also growing rapidly and in typical startup fashion, there are a lot of moving pieces. A great opportunity for those comfortable taking ownership and figuring things out but less so for someone looking for detailed processes and specific directions.

Guusto Gifts Response

Thanks for the review! We are always trying to walk the talk as best we can. As we continue to scale and grow, we will start nailing down more and more of those processes to ensure everyone has everything they need to be successful!

2. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Inspiring place to work

Sep 23, 2020 - Digital Marketing Intern in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have an immense amount of respect for everyone on the team. It is truly a great place to work and I have a lot to learn at Guusto every day. I like that I am empowered to lead initiatives and use my judgement. I like that we use our employee recognition software among our team and it really works. There are many projects and challenges to own here - best for the self motivated!

Cons

I have been sort of "thrown" into a role that is fairly independent with a lot of responsibility. Priorities are hard to manage without a direct supervisor (who is hired soon). Difficult at times to find answers and data on existing processes and strategies.

Continue reading

Guusto Gifts Response

Co-Founder

Great to hear you're feeling inspired!! That's exactly what we're trying to help our clients achieve. Thanks for the great suggestions that can help us improve even further. We're looking at implementing Trainual to build a better onboarding processes and organize our data in the cloud. Muucho Guusto, Skai

Discover more reviews about Guusto Gifts.