Grant Thornton UK LLP - A firm with a real sense of purpose | Glassdoor.ca
There are newer employer reviews for Grant Thornton UK LLP

"A firm with a real sense of purpose"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Executive
Current Employee - Senior Business Development Executive

Pros

My 2.5years at Grant Thornton have been really positive from the start. I work with really great people both in my local offer and more widely across the firm. With the firm now under the leadership of Sacha Romanovitch I feel that I work in a really positive environment and can see how my work contributes to both helping the firm grow, as well as having a positive impact on the local economy around me. There are lots of opportunities available, great support and a commitment to your career development.

Cons

As with any organisation going through a period of change I'm sure for some individuals and teams that the feeling of uncertainty can be viewed in a negative way. As with any professional services firm, the opportunities to develop to exist but you have to take responsibility to drive it forward.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication flowing between all levels of the firm so that we truly unlock the potential of being a shared enterprise.

Other Employee Reviews for Grant Thornton UK LLP

1. "All round business adviser"

Current Employee - Audit Executive in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Audit Executive in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Grant Thornton UK LLP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Agile working, supportive staff and managers, chance to work alongside some fast growing and interesting clients, strong collective atmosphere amongst associates and executives across the department.

Cons

High levels of delegation at the executive level means extra hours often required in busy season. Promotion post-qualification is slow in contrast to the Big 4.

Advice to Management

Reduce the levels of staff through the executive level. Currently the A3, E1, E2 and AM positions all entail very similar roles and responsibility, however it takes an average of 4 years to progress from A3 through to AM. This should be addressed.

2. "Audit executive"

Pros

Good culture and good study packaged

Cons

difficult trying to get a transfer to another location

Advice to Management

Try harder to organise intradepartment transfers.