Google - Amazing company to work at | Glassdoor.ca

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Amazing company to work at"

I have been working at Google full-time

Pros

Absolutely love working for google, been my dream for a young age. Food is great, people are great, the work is challenging and the pay is very good

Cons

Nothing really to think of

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Amazing experience"

Former Contractor - Demand Management Representative in Mountain View, CA (US)
    Former Contractor - Demand Management Representative in Mountain View, CA (US)

I worked at Google as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Smart and hard working people all in one place? Is a stewing pot for great things to happen in amazing culture. Even as a contractor in sales, I felt most times like I was part of the full-timers. All your peers are respected.

Cons

Depends on what you're looking for. Working for Google means high competition amongst your peers and having to do very well and work very hard in order to keep up and stand out. You might hear some folks complain about work/life balance. If you're young and soaking up all that you can from an amazing org that is passionate about bettering the world, this is an amazing place to learn and work at.

Advice to Management

Not completely applicable for contractor role, but if managers invested more in converting contractors they believed into FTE, would be more successful in career path/development.

2. "A cog in a machine"

Pros

Easy to recruiter folks when you have a big brand like Google behind you. My manager was generally available and was great about internal mobility.

Cons

Google's hiring process is a bear, which made it very difficult as a recruiter. Making meaningful and non-trivial suggestions often fell on deaf ears.

Advice to Management

Innovate and update your hiring processes...having 8 people in hiring committee make a decision on a candidate they never actually met or interviewed seems pretty ridiculous.

Discover more reviews about Google.