Glassdoor - We grow as Glassdoor grows | Glassdoor.ca

"We grow as Glassdoor grows"

Current Employee - People Team in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people I get to work with every day are truly incredible. It helps that we have a product that I believe in, but working with coworkers and leaders who care about you, really does make going to work something that I enjoy.

Cons

There is often ambiguity. If you aren't one who thrives in taking on challenges and works proactively, you will feel frustrated.

Advice to Management

As we get bigger, find ways to keep the close-knit environment Glassdoor has built between upper management and everybody else

Glassdoor2019-05-20

"4 years in and going strong"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Glassdoor is the favorite company I've worked for so far in my career. First and foremost, the company has an amazing company culture. People are really good to one another here. While people are smart and driven, they also care about making sure that everyone works together well. Glassdoor is also having a lot of success as a company. Like any early stage company there are ups and downs, but over the 4 years... I've been here I've seen revenue triple and the employee base grow by a similar amount. And I love Glassdoor's mission and that we are creating transparency for job seekers all around the world.

Cons

None really. It's worth saying that we have some big competitors (LinkedIn, Indeed) in our industry so you have to bring your A-game. But I believe in what we're doing and our results show we are having success.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on company culture even as we grow.

Glassdoor2019-04-29
  2. "Great Company, Uncertain Direction"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Mill Valley, CA

I worked at Glassdoor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*Outstanding Senior Leadership, particularly in the Enterprise space. *Wonderful people in every part of the organization - the entire workforce is committed to the company's wonderful mission of connecting everyone with a job that they love. *Incredible work/life balance

Cons

*Rapidly deteriorating internal processes - particularly Sales Ops along with some functions such as legal and finance - that ultimately inhibit sales rather than enable them. Some of these orgs are understaffed, too many of these processes exist in slack channels that aren't responsive. *Too much of an emphasis on the Customer Success and Self Serve functions, not nearly enough focus on further product... development and innovation that will help sales land new logos and help account management grow existing business. *Where are the career development plans for reps, particularly ones that overachieve? *LTIPs aren't meaningful

Advice to Management

Less focus on Self Serve - MUCH more on how to best enable Enterprise New Business & Account Management.

Glassdoor2019-09-18

Discover more reviews about Glassdoor.