Glassdoor - Sales Manager | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "Sales Manager"

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

Amazing people, hard working / laid back culture, great opportunity to grow

Cons

Typical growing pains that come with a fast growing company

Advice to Management

Thanks for listening to your people, we appreciate it. Keep up the good work!

Glassdoor2019-04-23

"4 years in and going strong"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Glassdoor is the favorite company I've worked for so far in my career. First and foremost, the company has an amazing company culture. People are really good to one another here. While people are smart and driven, they also care about making sure that everyone works together well. Glassdoor is also having a lot of success as a company. Like any early stage company there are ups and downs, but over the 4 years... I've been here I've seen revenue triple and the employee base grow by a similar amount. And I love Glassdoor's mission and that we are creating transparency for job seekers all around the world.

Cons

None really. It's worth saying that we have some big competitors (LinkedIn, Indeed) in our industry so you have to bring your A-game. But I believe in what we're doing and our results show we are having success.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on company culture even as we grow.

Glassdoor2019-04-29
  2. "A critical inflection point"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing benefits program, casual office, free snacks, tons of events and happy hours. Great existing product that works really well, and some of the best people you'll ever work with.

Cons

Glassdoor is in the critical stages of post-startup mode. The acquisition by Recruit Holdings was supposed to provide the financial backing and fuel needed to accelerate the already high growth the company was experiencing. Instead it's left the organization in a sea of turnover (particularly in leadership) and left boots on the ground employees with far more questions than answers. For a company who's entire... existence is centered around employer transparency, internal communications are impressively opaque. Changes continue to be communicated last minute and fundamental business issues go months without any updates from leadership. As someone on the sales team, the 4 departments that support sales efforts (being Marketing, Product, Sales Operations, and Sales Enablement) are all woefully incompetent and mismanaged. Marketing has no idea how to string together grammatically correct sentences, let alone educate employers on our unique value proposition. Product has finally pushed forward 1 meaningful update to the solution that we can sell, the first in the nearly 19 months I worked here. I legitimately have no idea what they do all day. Sales Operations is constantly understaffed and stuck under inefficient manual processes that keep them constantly behind on their caseload while basic pieces of our Salesforce instance fail to work properly. Sales Enablement is either spending their time running trainings that are either totally redundant or of little value, or they are doing seemingly nothing at all. We went more than 9 months as a team without a single training run by Enablement until they were finally able to scrape together enough budget to bring in an outside sales trainer for 1 day. Meanwhile, the company is struggling to maintain sales volume and seems to have no answer to this problem. Most managers are still running 1 on 1 meetings with their direct reports that have little substance. Very little is going on in terms of coaching and development, just a lot of people relying on the same old strategies that no longer work. As a result, a lot of their best employees have left the company for greener pastures.

Advice to Management

Glassdoor has an awesome mission, a great product, and a great culture. But if you don't start investing more in your employees and leadership and find ways to stop regrettable turnover, you'll lose your opportunity to become just as essential as your major competitors (and sister company) are to employers and job seekers.

Glassdoor2019-09-18

Discover more reviews about Glassdoor.