FreshBooks - Fun place to learn and grow | Glassdoor.ca

Featured Review

"Fun place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at FreshBooks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As someone who is looking to break into the tech industry, this is a great place. There is a lot going on and I am constantly busy. The tech stack is pretty modern and the office has dogs.
The people are the best - I really mean it. The company prides itself on having a strong culture and I think there are some obvious improvements to be made, but overall people seem very happy to come to work.
Management is very transparent, employees are aware of current numbers and investment and they try to keep everyone informed.

Cons

The perks aren't as great as some other companies (Shopify, Flipp, PagerDuty, etc) but I think that will come with growth. Lunches only provided one day a week.
Struggling to go from the start up mentality into a full-blown "company", there are some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward, your employees love you and want to build this product together. I appreciate how transparent you are, but wish that the perks were updated a bit more to reflect other similar companies in the industry.

9 Aug, 2017

We truly appreciate this feedback!

We believe in hiring FreshBookers from a diverse array of experiences (not just tech!) because we all bring something unique to the table. So glad you feel... More

Other Employee Reviews for FreshBooks

"Love working here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

the culture, the people, the opportunities to be challenged and collaborate!

Cons

the building may be a little hard to find.

9 Aug, 2017

We're so glad to hear that you love working at FreshBooks! The pros you mentioned are some of the things we are most proud of. Thank you for sharing.

"Great place to build a career"

I have been working at FreshBooks full-time

Pros

The company is growing very quickly which means that there are lots of opportunities to learn and grow.
    The atmosphere in the office is friendly and relaxed. There are a lot of great perks like fee breakfast, gym and showers, ping pong tables and a well stocked beer fridge.
    The best thing is the calibre of people that you work with - they are a smart, fun and interesting bunch.

Cons

The location in the west end of the city is less than ideal for commuting and the open environment can be noisy at times making it hard to concentrate.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate to the whole team on a regular basis.
    Be careful to ensure that politics don't creep into the building as you grow - it can ruin the great culture.

8 Jun, 2017

Hi there. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. You're right about the calibre of people you work with here at FB being smart, fun and an interesting bunch! In my opinion, the people and... More