"Administrative Assistant"

2.0
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at First Command Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible time and helps to balance work and life

Cons

Poor Management & lack of employee motivation

Continue reading

First Command Financial Services Response

December 22, 2019Marketing Campaign Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. We are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that inspires our employees and makes them feel appreciated. We invite our employees to share their experiences so we can address any shortcomings and bring positive change to the organization. We pay close attention to the results of employee surveys and reviews on Glassdoor and other sites. This year First Command was named one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas by Texas Monthly, the Texas Association of Business, Texas Society for Human Resource Management and Best Companies Group. This recognition was based in large part on results of an employee survey to measure the employee experience. Most importantly, our employees believe in and are genuinely committed to a higher calling serving our Nation's career military families. I will be sure to make our leadership aware of your concerns.

1. "Nice so far"

5.0
    Current Employee - Financial Adviser

I have been working at First Command Financial Services full-time

Pros

Very friendly and great certification opportunities

Cons

Limited insurance benefits offer to employees

2. "Not how it seems"

2.0
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Mount Laurel, NJ
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at First Command Financial Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with military personnel and families

Cons

Very political and there was very little help. This is a SALES job. IF you do not have a list of friends and family, or have the opportunity to take over someone book of business this is job is very tough. You generate your own leads. If you are unable to you may end up paying the company to work there, rather then them pay you. Once you become on independent contractor, you have to pay for the office space you use, the marketing you do, the office manager that files paperwork. That money comes out of your commissions. So be prepared.

Continue reading

First Command Financial Services Response

June 29, 2020Marketing Campaign Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. Your observation aligns with the feedback we get from our most successful Advisors. They tell us that one of the most compelling elements of this career is the opportunity to serve military personnel and their families in a meaningful way. Four out of five First Command Financial Advisors come from the ranks of veterans and military spouses. For these Advisors, the career is about serving those who serve. It is about staying connected to the military community in a way that adds value to the lives of service members and their families by helping them pursue their financial objectives and goals. As you note, our Advisors are working in a sales career. They do face some challenges, but they also enjoy many opportunities. As independent contractors, they have scheduling flexibility and unlimited earning potential. We seek individuals with internal drive, entrepreneurial mindsets and a desire for professional growth. We provide new Advisors with an extensive training program designed to equip them to succeed as independent contractors. Advisors learn how to build and grow their own business, serve new clients, and provide quality, face-to-face financial coaching. They learn how to coach our clients to become financially disciplined and confident in their pursuit of financial security by addressing the spectrum of financial issues they face. We always put our clients first. We are committed to a culture that reflects the highest ethical standards and best practices of the financial services industry. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

Discover more reviews about First Command Financial Services.